Is the click-stand stable enough to support an ebike?

i2000s

1 W
You know ebike is heavy with batteries put on a pannier side (only in one pocket). Then I found this click-stand: http://www.click-stand.com/not-your-typical-bike.html
which is just a stick! I thought I can make it on my own for free, but, wait a minute, is it stable enough for holding the ebike on one point?

Without some form of parking brake, on uneven ground you might have challenges with the bike rolling away from the stand.

slomoshun said:
Without some form of parking brake, on uneven ground you might have challenges with the bike rolling away from the stand.
click-stands have rubber bands that you attach to the brake, so bike doesn't roll backwards or forwards. They show ebikes on their website - although I wouldn't use it on a 100lb bike (my opinion)

Looks like a workable solution.

Because of battery weight, I have found stands that attach at the axle work better than the traditional center mount type. My heaviest bikes have double stands, one on the BB one on the rear.

Ya I feel like you would have to be a balancing acrobat to get this thing to hold the bike. and then id walk away and here it crash down as I cringe but keep walking...

That seems like a clever idea, but only if used with brake locks as has already been posted. Rubberbands work well, but reusable Velcro One ties also do the job and can be kept wrapped around the handlebars until needed, so they won't be forgotten when you need them. I'm in the habit of leaning the pedal or seat against whatever object is at hand, usually on a slope!, and being able to lock a wheel really helps. If your bike can't roll, the two tires and a third contact point make a stable tripod on even irregular surfaces. I am not sure I can justify carrying around an additional device though when I always seem to find something to prop against.

How do you keep it from being stolen in an urban environment?

The answer is YES, I have a "click stand" and have used it for over two years. It snaps together like high end tent poles for backpacking stuff. Once its together, its very strong. You measure your frame and they make it for you custom length. I made mine long enough to reach under the seat, I'd bet it would hold up a hundred pound bike. I don't fool with the brake straps very much, just park it where it won't roll away. you learn that lesson quickly!

You know what? I just ended up making one of the click-stand last night with a poster tube! It worked pretty well. Since I am going to use it only in the garage and hence I am not worried about being stolen or something like that. The tube is pretty and thick and strong, and I can make a groove on the top to fit onto my frame perfectly. For general usages, you might want the foldable one.

Back