Best tire ware

kneedeep

100 W
I put 10-12,000 km a year on my ebike.
So what have you found for best tire ware on mtb 26"? I will be doing 19" moto conversion on the back after a few miles and satisfaction with set up.
I think I will keep 26" front, I currently have 2.30 wide tire would like to go slightly wider with definitely wider rim as current one is narrow. I am also contemplating a 21x1.60 moto front conversion just to see if I can make it work with a spare spindle. But that is more a hobby if I can project.
I have 2 sr244 19x2.75 on the way, second just to have for spare for the back. When on my E-scooter I did a new set of tires every year.

There's lots of threads about tire types, etc., if you look around the forums. One possible search here, by title / topic:
https://endless-sphere.com/forums/search.php?keywords=tire*&terms=all&author=&sc=1&sf=titleonly&sk=t&sd=d&sr=topics&st=0&ch=300&t=0&submit=Search
most of them probably aren't what you're looking for but you can find a lot of good info in the relevant threads based on just their titles.

On the motor wheel or the bike wheel?

I really like Schwalbe, but I don't ride off road.

The marathon plus is the best wearing and riding tire I've used for the motor wheel. I have about 3,500 miles on one right now and I expect it could easily double that maybe triple... but I wouldn't take the chance on that long because I don't like being stranded. I also change my car tires long before they hit the wear bars.

On on motorized tires I get really good life out of the Big Apples and love the cush. Schwalbe makes great tires.

I've run Conti's Geax Bontrager and a few others and I just always now get Schwalbe. The charts on their site are excellent for matching durability with performance. They do however come out of the far east like everything else these days.

I am thinking about buying Geax tire because they are regularly $70 and I can snag one for $5. I dont really need anything else. Could cover shipping but I gotta find more shit to buy.

You should not have any problem wearing the front with a rear drive. Anyway, check tires for gum hardness. The harder the gum, the longer they last. 60 is the most common hardness. 50 is more sticky already, 40 is soft gum and wearing fast. Lower than 40 is like pencil ereaser gum and made to last one race. There are some 70 that are very hard, but they have very poor grip and dangerous to ride other than on a trailer or a kid tricycle.

Back