Exclusive Black 72V 3000W FC-1 Stealth Bomber Qulbix Clone

skyungjae

10 kW
Well, it's been a while since I've been active on this site. After playing with a handful of mid-drive kits, I ended up just getting really into mountain biking. :twisted:

13308499_10208652359453629_2396892758593677419_o.jpg

I had stepped away from e-bikes altogether for about two years. It was nice being able to hop onto a bike and pedal and not having any range worries. I suppose I fell in love with the simplicity of things. :wink:

Road bikes were never my thing, and my commuter remained a mountain bike.

16143038_10210878408423462_3672820393231214163_n.jpg

What actually brought me full circle to e-bikes was actually wanting to get a dual sport motorcycle. Google brought me to interesting places. I was almost going to buy one of those Boom 2000w gromlins. The idea of ditching the lead acid batteries and the sheer weight of it was a turn off. The $1200 price tag was quite enticing, but I knew I'd have to drop another grand on batteries. :?

Then I thought... why not just get a turn key high power e-bike. Stealth and anything HPC seems out of touch price wise, so I started browsing good ol' eBay and stumbled upon this:

s-l1600%201.jpg

RisunMotor Exclusive Customized e-Motorcycle Style Super Mountain eBike/FC-1 Stealth Bomber Electric Bicycle(Black Frame)

Front and Rear Suspension, cool design for Climbing Mountain!
Very strong steel frame: t=2 mm
Double weld seams
High quality painting

Features of the Product
RisunMotor FC-1 Stealth Bomber Electric Bicycle Frame
Frame color: Black or White
Frame width: 75 mm
Frame Weight: 7.9 kg
Max capacity of the built-in battery pack (lithium ion):
Default: 72V 29Ah (Panasonic NCR18650PF cell 2900mAh)
Optional: 72V 35Ah (Sanyo NCR18650GA cell 3500mAh,costs an Extra $290)
Size of this battery pack: 360 x 140 x 140 mm

Specifications:
1. Frame: FC-1 FRAME
Material: Steel/2mm
Size: 18"
Color: Black Frame/ Yellow Decal Or White Frame/ Red Decal
2. Front Fork: DNM USD-8 Bike Fork
3. Rear Suspension: DNM BURNER-RCP3
4. RISUNMOTOR 34.9mm Aluminium Alloy Seattube Clipper
5. SELLE ROYAL 5130HR Ergonomic Seat with SR BLINKING LIGHT
6. RISUNMOTOR 78*140 Bearing Bottom Bracket
7. PROWHEEL Aluminium Alloy Chainwheel + Cranksets
8. RISUNMOTOR CNC Aluminum Alloy high density bearing pedal, super long life
9. RISUNMOTOR Aluminum Alloy Stand
10. Front wheel:
24x3.0"Front wheel (with 24x3.0" Off-Road Tire or City Tire)
RISUNMOTOR Strong Double-wall Aluminium Alloy Rim
12g Spokes, NOVATEC DH hub (support disc brake)
11. Braking System:
TEKTRO AURIGA E-TUNE (HD-E530) Hydraulic Disc Brake, cut off power
TEKTRO 203mm Front & Rear Disc Brake Rotors
12. Groupset:
MICROSHIFT TS38-8 Rear 8-speed
MICROSHIFT RD-M25 Rear Derailleur
TWKY 8-speed Freewheel
TWKY E8 Chain
13. HONSUN Handlebar, Stem and Seatpost:
Aluminum Alloy Riser Handlebar (Width: 760mm)
80mm Aluminium Alloy Stem
30.9mm Aluminium Alloy Seatpost
14. 72V 3000W 24x3.0" Rear Wheel:
RISUNMOTOR Strong Double-wall Aluminium Alloy Rims
High Quality 72V 3000W Brushless Gearless Hub Motor with 8-speed freewheel
High Quality 18 MOSFET 50A ±1 Sine Wave Controller (Support Regenerative Function, will charge battery during braking).
Can customize 24 MOSFET 70A±1 Controller.
72V LCD3 Display (with 5-level PAS, speed limit, speed display, Cruise, Regenerative Function)
Throttle Drive / PAS Drive (Torque sensor simulated)
Remote start + Alarm + Motor Lock
Full Speed: about 60-80km/hour
15. Battery:
72V 29AH Li-ion Battery (excellent Japan PANA. NCR18650PF 2900mAh 10A 3C high discharge rate cell)
Mileage: About 50 km with pure battery per full charge; about 70 km with PAS
72V 5A Charger (Input: 100-240V, Output: 84V, Charging Current: 5A,
Charging Time: 7.0 hours)
16. Product Size:
Ebike Length: 2000mm; Width: 400mm; Height: Seat to Ground 950-1060mm
Net Weight: (without battery): 30kgs
Net Weight: (with battery): 38kgs
17. Packing List:
Carton Size: 167x27x84cm
Gross Weight: 42kgs (with carton)
Wooden Box Size: 169x29x86cm
Gross Weight: 58kgs (with wooden box)

I'm not sure how accurate the specs actually are, but I've dealt with conhismotor in the past and Jason provides great customer service. I suppose their eBay store gets a lot more traffic worldwide than their direct website.

The mountain biker in me looks at the DNM suspension, Tektro brakes, probably a square taper bottom bracket and cringes a bit. :x I don't even want to talk about the drive train, but I'm not looking for a mountain bike. Hopefully I don't have to swap all that stuff out. I don't plan on pedaling this bike much. :lol:

All the little features seem sort of gimmicky (alarm, auto start, motor lock), and I have a feeling I'm about to embark on an interesting journey. :D

The frame looks like a Qulbix 76 clone. I like this design a bit more than the HPC wolverine and EDGE (I forget who made the original design... was it Vector?). I also opted to get the 35Ah battery. Conhismotor has always been good about getting things to the west coast (US) pretty quick.

Like my other threads, I'll post updates, mods, photos, and video (if I can ever find someone to help film). Hopefully it will provide folks some more insight on this bike. It seems like most of the folks on this site are builders, but a lot of other folks find their way here looking for something a bit more turn-key.

Well, time to go fix all the broken picture links from my old threads. Facebook is not a good place to host photos. :cry:

you could just upload the pics directly into your posts. Then they'[ll be backed up along with the rest of teh forum. ;) There's a thread for it sticked at the top of every forum section if you need help.

SK, thanks for posting; good to have you back. How do you plan to transport (truck, I assume)? Also, guess it's good for fire roads only in CA. I'd consider something like this, but seems like it has limited usefulness in socal.

You can ride this bike anywhere a green sticker dirt bike is welcome, but you do not need to have the tax sticker. I called up the head Person for the Kern USFS district and after a couple of days research they responded that an ebike of any power was totally legal "as long as it's got pedals". And as long as it was ridden in an OHV legal area...... They conspicuously did NOT comment on the use of ebikes on MTB trails and I think they do not really want to take sides at this time. Probably hoping that some other agency will work out a solution and that they can just follow them.....

I was planning on riding it more around where I live and not actually transport it often places to ride. I don't think my bike rack can support the weight of this thing. I do have a bunch of friends with trucks that like to go off-roading and camping in the high desert and big bear. If I tag along, I'm definitely going to bring the bike. There are some decent dirt bike trails up by Adelanto and Victorville.

As for daily life, I live by the Fullerton Loop trail which is by Myron's Extreme Machines Electric Bicycle Center. It's pretty e-bike friendly, and they allow night riding. I see a handful of turn-key e-bikes riding there from time to time. I haven't seen anything extreme though. I'd say my monstrosity of my Stink-E was probably one of the craziest looking things on that path. Legally, I know what I'm about to put together isn't an e-bike by definition.

I rode the Stink-E even when the trail was busy with hikers, horses, and dog walkers. Nobody ever gave me any problems. I always followed the right-of-way rules of the trails though.

20140111_144547.jpg

Has e-bike enforcement gone up at all in the past two years? I've taken that Stink-E to Santiago Oaks, El Moro, etc... and never had any issues. I may just have been lucky to not run into any rangers.

I met a guy with an HPC Revolution that would ride the mtb trails around here like Chino State Park and Powder Canyon regularly who didn't seem to run into any issues. I think a lot has to do with how fast you're going and if you're courteous.

LOL - claiming to be a stealth bomber, but it's actually a rip off of the qulbix raptor, which in itself is a copy of the stealth bomber. And then they have the hide to watermark their photos incase someone copies them :lol:

You probably should change the title of the thread to something like "another stealth clone"
The ebay seller is using click bait buzz words and false advertising to sell his knock offs - you don't want to be further misleading people. Sadly the real stealth are actually get customer service calls from people who buy these cheap chinese knock offs and then expect warranty and support!
I would have thought it'd be obvious that these are knock offs and not the real deal, but apparently not to everyone...

As for where you can getting away with riding them - riding frames like these DO stick out more than converted mountain bikes. The first and only time I've ever been abused riding in a national park was on a raptor (near identical looking to this). I was waiting to cross the road at and intersection and it was very apparent from the side profile that it was a big, powerful ebike. The guy was also a jerk but that's another story! Most people don't even realise when you come at them head on, especially if you go with single crown forks. But even with triple clamps most just assume it's a DH bike. As you say courtesy and respect on the trails is the key to not making enemies

SK; enforcement doesn't seem to have changed in the last two years especially if the bike looks like the pedal variety. As you said, courtesy goes a long way. My problem with the MC "look-alikes" is they could attract attention as Hyena said. Strange thing (to me) is that ICE dirt bikes with minimal street legal equipment are permitted on fire roads like Maple Springs, but AFAICT the "stealth" would not be unless registered. Also, get in an accident and ..........

2old said:
There's exactly zero OHV areas in socal AFAIK.

Unless you consider: Hungry Valley, Big Bear, Lake Arrowhead, Joshua Tree, Pismo/Oceano Dunes, Marian Campground up at Pine Mtn, Glen Helen by Rancho Cucamonga..... Also most of Sequoia Nat Forest up by Troy Meadows, the whole Glamis area, near Yuma over on the border with Az on the 8, Jawbone Canyon, Redrock Canyon, Salton Sea area above Fountain of Youth and maybe a couple of more, but these come to mind as well as pop up on a Google search.

So, as you can see, there are a still a few places to go riding.

Probably should have said Orange County; those areas are prohibitively far away for me.

More and more Chinese clones on the market

Attachments

• B-1.jpg
    B-1.jpg
    45.7 KB · Views: 13,432
  • B-2.jpg
    B-2.jpg
    49.3 KB · Views: 13,432
  • D-1.jpg
    D-1.jpg
    46.6 KB · Views: 13,432
  • D-2.jpg
    D-2.jpg
    44.1 KB · Views: 13,432
  • S-1.jpg
    S-1.jpg
    23.4 KB · Views: 13,432
  • S-2.jpg
    S-2.jpg
    59 KB · Views: 13,432
It's pretty crazy how efficient China is at knocking things off. Even GNG made their own copy of LightningRods mid-drive kit.

I'm hoping my knock off comes within the next two weeks. Due to shipping restrictions, the battery and bike have to be shipped separately.

I'm curious what other folks with Qulbix and the lookalikes are doing to protect the chainstay. I've had a handful of DH bikes with the chainstay above the the top of the chain, and they'd all get beat up.

EDIT:
Shipped.jpg

Woohoo. It's arriving tomorrow. :twisted: Unfortunately the battery is being shipped separately since it's considered a "dangerous good."

At least I'll be able to tinker with the main hardware. I foresee the BB, cranks, pedals, and drivetrain in general needing to be upgraded. :?

Also, it looks like I'm just going to have to wrap the chainstay to keep the chain from beating it up.

The bike arrived yesterday. I thought the box would be a lot bigger. The battery is still on the way, so I haven't been able to take it for a real ride just yet.

8.jpg
7.jpg
6.jpg
Though there was a little bit of damage to the box, everything inside was good to go.

5.jpg
4.jpg
View attachment 3

2.jpg
These pedals will likely be replaced. The bottom bracket is square taper with pretty long spindles. I have no doubt I'll probably bend them. Taking the bike for a quick spin un-powered, the cranks already felt a bit wobbly. :| There is a PAS system, so I'll see how long the spindle lasts.

1.jpg
This thing was pretty heavy getting it out of the box. I'll take some more close ups later with more detailed comments.

9.jpg
I supposedly need these remotes to run the bike. The battery is still en-route, so I won't be able to test anything out just yet.

There are key features that identify a Stealth Bomber or Stealth Fighter (and their clones). This is definitely either a re-branded Qulbix Raptor (with their knowledge), or a Qulbix Raptor clone.

For the specs on this thing and the price sold new it doesn't add up in the slightest. Expect crappy equipment, especially the suspension which is probably the most important part of the whole build, and be wary of counterfeit batteries.

flat tire said:
For the specs on this thing and the price sold new it doesn't add up in the slightest. Expect crappy equipment, especially the suspension which is probably the most important part of the whole build, and be wary of counterfeit batteries.

It's always going to be cheaper to build something up from frameset up, but I was looking for something turn key. I just don't have the same amount of free time I had a few years ago to spend hours a day wrenching, wiring, crimping, etc...

Anyhow, my battery is still at customs, so I haven't fired this thing up yet. :(

Anyhow, here are a few close ups and my thoughts so far...

10.jpg
This is the heart of the microSHIFT groupset. I would say it's state of the art if Jurassic Park was still in theaters. I'm not too concerned about this part since I don't think I'll be relying on it so much.

11.jpg
The PAS does concern me a bit. Well, not so much the PAS, but the square taper BB with that long skinny spindle. I've never had good luck with square taper spindles on e-bikes. I tend to bend them and they always come lose despite red loctite and proper torque specs. Aside from fire roads, this is not something you can romp on if you weigh more than 150 lbs or land all your jumps with your ass.

12.jpg
For my regular bikes, I'd never use anything less than Shimano M615s which use the same pads as their XTs with very similar lever form factor. It definitely is weird gripping a brake that's designed for all your fingers.

13.jpg
This thing sports a full grip throttle. Also something I'm not too keen on, but this bike does resemble a moto more than a bicycle. I'm trying to keep an open mind here.

14.jpg
This thing was a pain to adjust. I had to loosen the headset and all of the other bolts that hold the upper crown together. I think this thing is placed below the crown race, so it was still really difficult to straighten. Thank goodness it seems to be made of a pretty robust steel. Hopefully I don't have to move it again.

15.jpg
The headlight is made from what seems like the highest quality of plastic known to man... in 1950 maybe. No idea how it performs, but the housing looks like a victim of paint over spray and is not smooth or clear.

16.jpg
I think they're going for the type of rotor that can hold more heat than shed it quickly. Despite not being Shimano, I don't have any complaints in this department yet.

17.jpg
The shifter doesn't feel half bad. It reminds me of a sloppy SRAM X4 budget bike shifter.

18.jpg
The left control... not sure how that's going to work since it seems like I only need those key fobs to start and stop the bike. PAS level maybe? I'm more curious of what that lever on top of my brake actually does.

19.jpg
I haven't even turned this unit on yet, but I already don't like it. It's way too busy with its 6 data windows. I don't see it surviving a tumble.

20.jpg
No gripes here. It's nice that the wiring doesn't come out of the end of the axle. The spokes look beefy, and the hub looks like it's ready for business. :twisted:

View attachment 2
I like how they welded a stamped plate with their company logo there. Things look satisfactory here.

22.jpg
Well, there aren't any plugs to disconnect the rear hub in the event of a flat or needing to swap out the tire. It's annoying when it comes to service but serves its purpose in the weather proofing department.

23.jpg
I'm guessing this is the alarm. It chirps whenever I start riding. Looks like they also provided the minimum amount of padding for my battery. I may have to cut up an old yoga mat.

All in all, I think this thing, as is, will make a great around town e-moto. The tires aren't quite suited for that purpose, but the only dirt this thing looks like it could handle are fire roads and groomed (smooth) trails. I'll eventually do the stair test with this thing. I'm pretty sure it'll drop chain. I just hope I don't tweak the spindle.

When the BB and/or crank fail, I'll probably pick up an FSA or Raceface Atlas crankset to upgrade and ditch the PAS.

As for the fork, I've seen some 180mm single crown Rockshox Domains go for pretty cheap on craigslist. There are a lot of options for future fork replacements. Same goes for the rear shock. There are plenty of affordable second hand 9.5" options out there.

The 24x3.0 Duro Wildlife is definitely out of place. When it seems this thing was set up mostly for street use. There are 24x3.0 a handful of affordable street options out there if this thing ends up becoming a full time around the town type bike.

I actually think, at the price point, it's not that bad for someone who's not good at wrenching, wiring, and/or simply doesn't have the time to do either. At a minimum, for off road use, I'd upgrade the crankset and fork which doesn't cost that much more. The only comparable turn-key, local option I see is the HPC Wolverine at Bike Craze in Anaheim (https://www.bikecraze.com/HPC-Wolverine-2000W-Electric-Bike-2017-p/hpcw-2000-2017.htm) starting at $4999. Their cheapest battery upgrade option with similar WH to my order would add another $2400. The base Wolverine definitely has MUCH better bicycle components.

Well, that's about it for now. Once I get the battery + a hundred or so miles on this thing, I'll have a better assessment.

The battery finally came in on this past Thursday. This thing is a blast to ride. :twisted:

View attachment 4
72V 35Ah Sanyo (NCR18650GA cell 3500mAh)

25.jpg
It took me a while to get this thing inside the frame. You'd think it would just slide in, but I had to do some creative angling. I frayed up the tape a bit on the corners, but it looks like it was well wrapped.

24.jpg
I probably should've waited for this weekend, but it was a long month waiting for everything to arrive. I stayed up way later than I should've putting this thing together. Testing it out on my neighborhood street, it topped out at 35 mph on highest setting. :twisted:

View attachment 1
Now that it was all put together, it was time to ride it to work. On setting 1, it goes about 30kph (just under 20mph).

29.jpg
It's great that Metrolink allows e-bikes on the train. :D

On my way home, I was able to open it up a bit on one of the dirt paths parallel to the road. To my surprised, I didn't drop the chain off a little jump and the bumps. However, I did order a modern FSA downhill crankset along with an ISCG adapter, so I can run a chain guide. This should be good when I tag along with my buddies to Big Bear, Ojai, BLM land, etc... Now I'm just waiting for the weather to get a bit warmer to go camping.

On my initial <10 miles, this thing has been a blast to ride. I'm still trying to figure out how this alarm thing works. The buttons on the key fob are confusing, and I need it to actually turn on the bike. On the train, someone bumped my brake lever and the alarm went off. I didn't think I armed it. :?

Also, this thing is definitely more dirt bike than bicycle. The brakes aren't set up the conventional American way either. The right brake lever is the front brake, and the left is the rear. If this thing actually felt like a regular mountain bike, I'd probably be annoyed, but it's all good.

skyungjae said:
Also, this thing is definitely more dirt bike than bicycle. The brakes aren't set up the conventional American way either. The right brake lever is the front brake, and the left is the rear.
That's the typical motorcycle setup. It's also how I've set my stuff up forever, even on just pedal bikes. ;)

IMG_0445.jpg
Goodies! :D The chain guide/bash, was a bit overkill on my Bronson, so I decided to move it over to the Clonebix. I'll be replacing it with a much simpler upper chain guide.

IMG_0447.jpg
The clearance was pretty tight regarding my upper chain guide adjustment bar, but it all seems to be working great. Pedaling feels way better due to the modern bottom bracket as well as narrower Q factor. The non-drive side crank arm does come much closer to the kick stand. Sometimes when I hit a bump, I'll hear/feel the crank arm rub the kickstand back out of the way.

IMG_0450.jpg
Found out the stickers are reflective which is nice. I'm thinking about peeling them off and replacing them with something else in the future.

IMG_0470.jpg
I actually got this thing to overheat due to climbing up huge hill on my way over to where I could take photos. I ended up actually having to pedal about 10 seconds after touching dirt. I initially though my battery was depleted. I thought the flashing "T" on my screen was some sort of throttling for low voltage. After a few minutes, all functions were restored, and I realized it wasn't the battery. :oops: Anyhow, I noticed the clearance on the lowest gear in the rear brings the rear derailleur right up on the hub. Looks like I'm just not going to use that gear at all anymore. :lol: microSHIFT!

IMG_0466.jpg
I did get a nice shot on the trail though. Pedaling this beast without power isn't all that bad. I had done so with the Stink-E for leg training, and I trailer my daughter from time to time. :wink:

I'm definitely looking forward to taking this thing out to the high desert. :twisted:

View attachment 1
I was able to take the bike up to Big Bear this past weekend. It wasn't all that fun following jeeps on these trails. I didn't really have a choice though since I didn't know the area. My friend tried to get some video footage from inside his jeep, but it was just too shaky. He couldn't keep up when I was in front, and I was going incredibly slow when sticking with the pack. :|

The hub motor couldn't handle the technical hills. I'm not sure by what means the power was being cut off, but it wasn't the temperature this time. I'm assuming it was the sag hitting the LVC. I definitely miss the GNG mid-drive in that respect; however, on the smoother dirt roads it was a blast. As long as I can keep the motor spun up, it performs fantastic.

The battery gauge is probably based on voltage (which is terrible), but it still shows full at rest and dips to 3/4 when I'm gunning it. I haven't charged it since the weekend. I'm guessing when it dips to the last quarter at full throttle, it'll be a good time to throw it back on the charger.

what is the exact model and price on that yellow stealth bomber clone in the 1st photo that GDFXPS posted ? I may take a chance and buy that and do a review.

Overall for a commuter (12 miles) and an occassional enduro offroad experience how would you rate the bike?

Edubya said:
Overall for a commuter (12 miles) and an occassional enduro offroad experience how would you rate the bike?

If I were rating it from 10 to 1 (10 being the best), I would rate it around an 7/10 at this time. It doesn't have premium parts like the Stealth F37, HPC Revolution, etc..., nor is it as refined. It does cost half as much which is the draw.

Like all turn key e-bikes, or e-bikes in general, a lot of the cost is in the batteries. Hallomotor/Conhismotor/Risun manages to cut the cost down by equipping the bike with bottom of the barrel components. The rolling chassis is half (or less) of the cost of the entire bike.

That being said, if you can live with DNM suspension, the low end drivetrain, and a limited LCD interface, this is probably a fantastic option compared to other bikes with 2000-2500 Wh batteries that can top out around 37mph (60kph). It all depends on what you value in the entire package. If you gotta have Rockshox, a Cycle Analyst, and a warranty, it might be worth your while in investing in a Stealth F37, HPC Revolution, etc...

I'm in the "when something breaks or stops working, I'll upgrade that specific part" mindset where the entry cost on this bike makes more sense to me than shelling out double for something like a Stealth F37. I already put about $150 in upgrades to the drivetrain (legit downhill crankset, chain guide, pedals) to handle my weight and style of riding.

If you're doing a 12 mile commute ( 24 miles round trip I'm assuming), this bike should have no issues in both directions in beast mode as long as the terrain is relatively flat. I was able to go to off-roading with it in Big Bear and commute to work with it the following week without having to charge. This is me running it hard. By the time I was 30 miles+ on my trip, I'd hit the low voltage cut off when trying to full throttle up hills. I could still hammer it on the flats and not hit LVC. I could probably easily double the mileage if I ride it more moderately. This bike can easily do 100 miles on power setting 1 (tops off at just under 20mph/32kph) with a little pedaling from a stop. Let's be honest though, nobody is going to ride comparable bikes like that. :lol:

A few things to note, when assembling the bike out of the crate, I had to loosen the headset to adjust the light. Also, when I was riding, I noticed a buzz sound twice when the fork compressed pretty deep into its travel. It turned out to be the tire touching the brake line. I had to slide the cable hose guide mount up further on the fork to fix that. After doing that, the brake line would touch the headlight mount when turned all the way to the left. The edges on the mount seemed a bit sharp, so I put a little tape on there as well as on the brake line. There probably wouldn't have been any issues, but I did it for peace of mind. I'm the type of guy who uses hockey tape (3M clear tape alternative) on my regular bikes to combat cable rub. I also put a good amount of tape on the chain stay to protect it from the bouncing chain.

I'll be able to give a better assessment of the bike as a whole once I've ridden it a few hundred miles.

Back