mxus v3 or crown

ljbuzz

10 mW
looking at ordering a motor for my next ebike build. im planning on an 18f 80a controller and 72v 27/30ah battery so max continuous 5000-6000 watts but will prob generally be set to 3000watts unless off road and needed. so simply i am struck on what motor to order weather to go for the tc4080 crown motor or the mxus v3 turbo. i have a v3 turbo currently running 3000w and i no they are good i just cant seem to set apart the pros and cons and make a decision. and advice wold help

This QS205 motor looks like a very competitive guy I did not know them till now, but they will be in my mind for future purchases...not bad....

The MXUS 3K-Turbo, in a 4T, with Ferro Fluid will perform very well at those power levels.
Per the simulator, based on your stated Controller maximum Current & Voltage, the MXUS 4T (No Ferro Fluid) would overheat in 26 minutes, vs, the Crown 4080, which overheats in 47 minutes, at a slightly slower speed.
MXUS 4T.JPG

Of the 3 motors mentioned in this thread, the one I prefer is the QS 205 H50 V3. 50mm magnet rocks, and the motor is VERY quiet. Yet it is way overkill for the OP 3000w target power, mine sees +20kw peaks daily in the summer.

My only reserve with the qs is that withe the other 2 options i can get from European supplier with quick delivery therefor i can get fast turnaround if there where to be any problems/faults or future replacments. nouthing worse than haveing a bike and then having to wate 2-4 weeks for uk delivery from china for a replacment.

When you have a QS 205 H50 V3 in your hands, you will not worry anymore about frying it anytime soon.

If you can be hard enough on a motor to fry one Crown a week, the QS would still last you a year.
Then, as I said before, it is probably way overkill for your need. You would save weight and money buying a MXXUS.

Back