help throttle latency

frenchkiss

100 mW
hello, i have a problem with my build

i have a 72v panasonic battery with 40a on 4110 12fet controller, i have a CA v3 too (crystalyte crown motor)

my throttle have a latency of 1s - 1.5s and its really difficult to use it

on the CA i see 0.91v 0% throttle and i put 0.90v-3.65v min and max imput

someone can help me ? thanks

First try to bypass the CA, unplug it and plug the throttle direct on the controller. That need to be checked before presuming the CA parameters must be changed.

thanks for replie

i did it and the CA show % of throttle when i "put gaz" but the wheel didnt moove

The CA does not show anything when it is unplugged. Plug your throttle on the controller, unplug all connections off the CA. You don't want to start playing with parameters on the CA before you make sure the throttle is working normally when it is plugged direct on the controller.

i have already did it with an other controller for check, and that dosnt work (the wheel dont turn)

with my new controller i didnt have same connector for the throttle, so i cant try it without cut the wire

i prefer try with the CA if you can say me what i have to do, thanks you! :)

You don't have to cut the wires. Just take off the connectors off the housing, this only requires a very small flat screwdriver to unlock them. Note their colour position first, so you don't have to search when you put them back.

yes i know but i didnt have this tools i have already break one connector before when i try :lol:

and like i said the throttle didnt work anyway when i tried with last controller direct plug in

can i, yes or no help my latency problem with CA programing only? :')

Maybe the other controller was not working, or plugged with wrong wire combination. If your throttle is not working properly, changing the parameters on the CA will not make it work good by magic.

Anyway, if you still want to play with the CA, not knowing first if your throttle and controller are OK, start with a reset and test it again.

yes maybe, you means the problem can be the throttle instead of the setting? (the bar of % on display moove properly when i put gaz, in real time, so i thinks is a dead line voltage)

did you know how reset setting ? thanks

Yes, throttle or controller can be resonsible. That is why I asked you to elimitate this possibility. Diagnosis is all about elimination procedure. So first, check if the problem is really in the CA. Second, reset the CA to know if the fault is in modified parameters.

i understand what is going one, when i accelerate to 0%-10% wheel dont moove, its a dead line voltage for sure,

the CA i see 0.91v 0% throttle and i put 0.90v-3.65v min and max imput, then i program it to 0.90v throttle in and that doesnt change

You should not be making random changes to the throttle voltage settings of the CA3 - the throttle voltage ranges are straightforward to set up and absolutely no experimentation is required.

The CA3 is not something you can figure out by playing around - you need to read the manual ([strike]Un[/strike]offical Guide) that is linked from the Grin Tech site and is available on Endless Sphere >>>here<<<.

Since everything is seemingly mounted and installed electrically, start with section 4.4 and do all the subsections 4.x. This will zero the amps, set up the throttle, and guide you through setting the throttle ramping. In there you will see how to eliminate the throttle latency by adjusting the ramping. Just do exactly what it says as you read it.

Nope.
You could try Google Translate >>>here<<<.

As always, the vendor is a good place to go. As it turns out, Grin Tech is in Canada and French is spoken there, so...
(Justin is in China at the Taipei Bike Show for a few weeks, but give it a try.)

thanks, i try but that doesnt change anything

my throttle have a 0.90v min and 4.20v max

i put setting for throttle in since 0.92v / 1.00v / 1.10v min and that doesnt change latency

i tried to change the C rate v/sec and put 1v 2v 3v and 8v that doesnt change too

what should be my setting for me? thanks

You really need to do the proper setup procedure as described in the Guide.
Please take the time to examine the manual - here's a snippet from the ramp rate section:

CA3_rampRate.png
As you can see, your rate setting of 8V/sec was only 8% of the fastest possible ramp speed.

Il y a peut-être une version française du manuel. Il faudrait demander par courriel au service après vente.

Again, there is no French version - I wrote the Guide and to my knowledge no one has translated it.
Grin definitely does not have a French version.
However, as I said above, I know that at least Justin speaks French.
Contact Grin if you need assistance.

thanks youv very much, that help me a lot, and well done for this! you wrote all alone? is really clear and good detailled :)

Hope it helps.
Sorry about the language thing, but hopefully you can get through it - frankly you seem to have a pretty fair command of [strike]English[/strike] American. :D

Although the CA3 comes with defaults that more or less work for basic setups, it just isn't a plug and play gadget and generally needs to be tuned to the specific bike. That can be a little frustrating for folks who just want 'the settings' for their bike when there really is no such thing.

Post up if there are specific sections that are unclear or that give you trouble.

Back