Tesla offers money for workers who ride bicycle!

What an opportunity!!

We need to design a TESLA ebike for them!! :mrgreen:

Ebike is more efficient than pedal powered ebike and require less water as many pedal power bicycle driver need a shower on arrival at work... ebike win!

I guess that many of the TESLA team will come here sneek what we do :wink:

Doc

grindz145 said:
I always say that the only problem with Tesla's products is that they're not bikes :D
:mrgreen:

True!

Now it's time for a TESLA model 2 ( 2 wheels!)

Doc

I think the UK used to offer tax deductions for anyone who could get their boss to sign a letter saying they rode ro work.

As for eBikes being more environmentally friendly, I had a friendly/joking discussuon with someone about 5 years ago about this topic. The average American had something like 5 years of commute energy stored conveniently in their body. I was suggesting if they used that first, then ebikes would be even more efficient due to the lower mass they havr to move!

Better yet Velomobiles,

We in the U.S. do not have any good quality, affordable velomobiles,

With the economy of scale Tesla could make them and sell for under $ 5,000 easy,

Full spec'ed composite body , surface street / express way , speeds

I would like , and most all Americans as well, would want a bigger version of those ones from Northern Europe that are so skinny.

A little taller / wider, and with enough range for over 100 miles would be very easy for Tesla.

Yea Sunder , we have a lot of wide bodies here. I often wonder what the Japanese think about why America has so many sumo wrestlers .

Most Americans would get into a velomobile if it was more like the size of a Elio 3 wheel car, and had a throttle.
with full enclosure and that size , it would sell very well.

grindz145 said:
I always say that the only problem with Tesla's products is that they're not bikes :D

New Aventybike from Poland. It has removable top, so you can ride like a cabriolet too. It has a motor also as a standard.

The problem with a velo is you have to then ride in a vehicle lane rather than bike paths
At the very least that means in an urban/city area you will slow up an annoy other road users if you are not able to accellerate and cruise at traffic speeds (likely ?) .
......and of course, at the worst, you are more likely to become roadkill under the wheels of a bus or garbage truck !Q

I have been to Sidney , acually lived there for 3 months, some of he worst traffic and most angry/impatient drivers I have ever seen , besides L.A. . so I can see your way of thinking there Hillhatter, Other places in Australia that I have been to that velomobile would do fine.
However
Where I now live a Velomobile would work fine, there is so much traffic here and it is so slow during rush hours ( 6am - 1:30 am , then from 2:30 pm until 6: 30 pm , so using up a lane car in a Velomobile for at least many hours during the day, is not such a big issue,
only a few streets, and the Major Highway , but it would not be allowed there anyway.

In California a Bicycle is allowed , By Law , to take up over 1/2 of a vehicle lane, In Fact I have been told that in California we can take up the whole lane.

Eskimo, Americans would want a slightly bigger and taller version, that of course would cut down on some of the aerodynamic advantages of being very low to the ground and thin profile , however we have better voltages that we are allowed on
E-Bikes , so under 45 mph , being a little wider, longer , and taller would still work out good good enough. and Provide much more safety .

But what if Tesla thinks ebikes are "cheating?"!

Can you imagine waht could result if Musk quit screwing around with going to Mars, and after he gets that battery plant up and operating, put his economics of scale and all around business genius into designing and marketing the ultimate ebike :shock:

Substitute Tesla for GM in this post, and we'd have an e-bike/velomobile for every person on the planet. It would be so easy. But we will fight WW III instead.

"Anyway, this got me to thinking. EV nerds are all excited, saying this will change everything. Let's assume that it is a hit, and GM sells 30K a year, like they are hoping. With luck they could get to be as popular as the Prius, which is a drop in the bucket of annual light vehicle sales. Now imagine if they took the materials in a 60 kWh Bolt, and used them to build 60 e-bikes. Just for fun I divided a Bolts specs by 60, and came up with 60 e-bikes at:

$625-$740
59.5-60.0 pounds
1 kWh battery
2,500 watt peak power

They are talking about 30,000 a year for the US. This would translate to 1,800,000 e-bikes annually. Now that might actually change everything."

https://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=34&t=75381&start=25#p1270816

Personally i think Elon goal is to improove energy efficiency, less degrade our planet and make our futur emore efficient.

And talking abot efficiency, Justin made in the past a very interesting thesis about Ebike. an dthis was done on 2003!! now Li-Ion cells have doubled Wh/kg

EVERYONE MUST READ IT IF NOT DONE YET !!

The Energy Cost of Electric and Human-Powered Bicycles

http://www.ebikes.ca/documents/Ebike_Energy.pdf

Enjoy!

Doc

Increasing efficiency will not solve the problem. Only reducing the amount of energy used will solve it. The two are only loosely linked.

There are two important reasons to pedal along with the motor. First is wasting energy on speed. Pedaling makes you feel like you are going fast, so you don't have to go 40 mph to be happy. Second is the huge cost of healthcare. Easy pedaling would have major health benefits, in rich countries, where people's health has been declining in the last few decades, due to a total lack of exercise.

Back