Bionx kit on Craigslist... Good deal?

I would stay away from it unless you already had another Bionx system and you could share chargers and batteries. Its a very proprietary system that's harder to find a battery rebuild for than the guy makes it sound, and factory batteries are really expensive. Then its sometimes hard to get running without taking it to a shop where they have the Bionx diagnostic dongle to hook it up to so the guy in Canada can turn it back on for you thru the internet. It's not like the Bionx does something different than most kits these days. Its a very slick system, but you get locked into needing to be near a dealer to get it worked on, which ran $85 an hour at the shop I was at.

+ 1 ,

Bionx was a good DIY kit , many years ago, when there was not much else available in the form of Kits,
however now there are so many options available that I can not list them all . And many of them are better and at lower cost than Bionx .

You had another thread about ? to buy a DIY Kit or Turn Key ,

There are many advantages to buying a Turn Key E-Bike these days, on the top of the list is the fact that they are much more available now, and many are less in price than just a couple of years ago.
And you get a new battery.

quote="Voltron"]I would stay away from it unless you already had another Bionx system and you could share chargers and batteries. Its a very proprietary system that's harder to find a battery rebuild for than the guy makes it sound, and factory batteries are really expensive. Then its sometimes hard to get running without taking it to a shop where they have the Bionx diagnostic dongle to hook it up to so the guy in Canada can turn it back on for you thru the internet. It's not like the Bionx does something different than most kits these days. Its a very slick system, but you get locked into needing to be near a dealer to get it worked on, which ran $85 an hour at the shop I was at.[/quote]

Back