Quit doing magic bro ...

So, I'm out ebiking last night, and I come up to a road, and wait for some cars. While I'm there, I hear some dude to my 7 o'clock, saying something. He's about 100ft away, in the dark bushes, at 10pm. Looks like he's having a smoke or something.

Then, I heard him :

" Quit doing magic bro, and give me your lighter."

Huh? Wtf? Then, he says it again, and again:

" Quit doing magic bro, .... and give me your lighter."

He keeps repeating it. He's not yelling, or even projecting his voice. But, he's by himself. Then it dawned on me. He saw me cruise up to the road without pedaling. :lol:

I was still laughing a few hours later. People must have thought I was crazy or something. Laughing for no reason on my strange looking contraption.

I was trying to think of a response besides 'LOL!", and for whatever reason I reached behind my head and there was a slice of black olive in my hair/ pony tail. Wtf, have you ever been eating an item and part of it ends up in your ponytail? While reading a thread about a random person dreaming of magic and asking for a lighter? I give up, life is a mystery.

Funny dialogues on red lights.

After a very hard screaming braking for the red light. A guy on the corner asks:
- Is it electric ?
- Nope, it is hydraulic.

After passing fast a guy on a ladie's bicycle with a kid carrier, he stopped by my side on the red light and says:
-You should wear a helmet.
I looked at the kid carrier...
-You should wear a condom

A girl on a red light.
-Nice bike.
I smiled and answered
- Nice legs

A guy on a motorcycle that I had beaten bad at the previous light.
-How did you do that ?
-One bolt at a time.
And I beat him again :twisted:

""""
The Magi are popularly referred to as wise men and kings. The word magi is the plural of Latin magus, borrowed from Greek μάγος magos,[10] as used in the original Greek text of the Gospel of Matthew ("μάγοι"). Greek magos itself is derived from Old Persian maguŝ from the Avestan magâunô, i.e., the religious caste into which Zoroaster was born (see Yasna 33.7: "ýâ sruyê parê magâunô" = "so I can be heard beyond Magi"). The term refers to the Persian priestly caste of Zoroastrianism.[11] As part of their religion, these priests paid particular attention to the stars and gained an international reputation for astrology, which was at that time highly regarded as a science. Their religious practices and use of astrology caused derivatives of the term Magi to be applied to the occult in general and led to the English term magic, although Zoroastrianism was in fact strongly opposed to sorcery.

docw009 said:
If you go over when they ask you for a light in the Windy City, they're asking you for your wallet next.
:mrgreen:

Here when they ask you for a light, you can safely ask them to hold your wallet while you light. :wink:

Back