Paratrooper Build

Fjp

1 W
Hello Everyone, fist time builder here trying to avoid a mistake! Looking for a rear DD hub motor that can handle 2-3000 watts. Having trouble determining which motor will bolt on to the 24 spd paratrooper using the existing disk brake without any mods. ElectricRider appears to be an option, but their motors don't have temperature sensors in them. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated! Thanking you in advance, FJP

16m1thv.jpg

My montague had a xlyte 5304 and 5306. The 04 was difficult to fit yet possible.
A 9c or mxus will do fine. 160 rotor is the best choice. 180 fits but is troublesome. You will need spacers and also stretch the arms a little. The tire is also something to mind. Wide rim+Wide tire will be very tight. I solved it decreasing psi.
migueralliart's torque arms fit very well.
My advice: mxus. If you go 26" use medium size tire. 160 rotor (put good hydraulic at the front)

Thank you both for your replies, it is greatly appreciated. Since this is my first build, I'm not up for the complexity of all wheel drive yet. Im trying to follow rojitor's advise and looking hard at the Mxus. Can I trouble you for a link or contact info on the torque arms you recommend..... his website comes up "can not find page". Cheers, Frank

Migueralliart https://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=31&t=49635 The curved one is perfect.
On the other side http://www.ebikes.ca/shop/electric-bicycle-parts/torque-arms/torqarm-v4.html
You can use two ebikes.ca too but migueralliart's is a one piece thing. Strong and reliable. Perfect for your is mount.
Other option : you make your own if you can make steel works.
in case you do not care that much about high quality torque arms with a 3kw setup...call your lawyer before you do the first test ride and write your last will.
Also notice that ebikes.ca (justin) owns endless sphere. By buying them you are making a donation to keep this forum alive and ads-free

Also worth verifying what axle is on the motor you ultimately purchase. If it's an M16 Axle (Some MXUS 3K-Turbo motors use this axle size), then the grin universal torque arms will not fit. (They are for M14 and M12 size).

Thanks very much for all the help.... sorely need and greatly appreciated!
Frank

Back