2004 DH Comp sizing question

80for20

10 W
Does anyone have information on sizing/measurements for 2004 DH Comp's?

The Giant (giant.co.jp) website only lists 2 sizes; seat tube measurements are listed as 380mm (15") and 420mm (16.5"). Yet mine measures 18" from center of BB to top of seat tube. To make matters more complicated I'm sure I've read, in GC's thread, someone reference theirs as 19".

Any insight would sure be appreciated.

I'm 6'2" so am hoping that there there really is a 19" model out there : )

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DH bikes frames are made high, small and compact for the size that is claimed. Later models though, are begining to be made available larger and longer since most of the DH courses have changed and do require more crank work, as compared to the gravity racing that were early DH World Cups.

The Giant DH comp 2004 is short, I would suggest looking for a longer frame and use a wide low rise handlebar, because 6 ft 4 does require a big cockpit. Also, you can make your torque plates with a few inches extension to stretch the wheelbase, and use a layback seatpost. As you can see, it is not the height that is a problem, as much as the length. So, start looking for virtual top tube length for comparison sizes, instead of seat tube height.

Thx MadRhino. The plan is for a LR big block. Point is well taken though. Anyone else with thoughts?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm 6' 4" and had a "large" 2003. I was a little more muscular back then and weighed in around 220lbs. Pretty sure the large is a 19" frame.

Tom

Back