Cant find 72v /60a controller with regen.

levleon13

10 W
I saw some but they were way overpriced.
Any suggestions guys? Also saw some very nice controllers, exactly as i need on lunacycle.com for 89 dollars but they sold out.
And by regen i mean i need it only for hub self braking, i dont care about the battery charge. That's the only reason im looking for controller replacement. My saints struggling with stopping 140kg at 85 kmh. I mean they do the job, but the brakepads being replaced monthly.

Programmable controllers are regen enabled, all of them that I know of. Many that are not programmable can be ordered with regen enabled. So I wonder what is "way overpriced" to you.

Then, even if all my controllers are regen enabled, I don't use regen most of the time and my brake pads are lasting pretty good although my bikes are faster than yours and my brake pads about the same surface on Hope M6, Magura Gustav, Magura Mt 7. I replace pads avg 3500 km on the street, about 2000 Km mountain trails, using genuine or best quality bimetal compound.

MadRhino said:
Programmable controllers are regen enabled, all of them that I know of. Many that are not programmable can be ordered with regen enabled. So I wonder what is "way overpriced" to you.

Then, even if all my controllers are regen enabled, I don't use regen most of the time and my brake pads are lasting pretty good although my bikes are faster than yours and my brake pads about the same surface on Hope M6, Magura Gustav, Magura Mt 7. I replace pads avg 3500 km on the street, about 2000 Km mountain trails, using genuine or best quality bimetal compound.

Do you have any link that i can order not programmable cntr with regen available from? I'm looking for 80$-130$ price ranges.

Also, your breakpads wearing out ranges seems like impossible to me. What do i do wrong? I have original shimano rotors 203, and original shimano pads too.

Rubbing or misalignment is killing pads, as well as the habit of long progressive braking. Brake short and you brakes will last much longer because they will run cooler. Also, use the front brake first and the most, the rear comes 2nd and carefully modulated to prevent locking. That is how to achieve the best braking distance, when you feel the rear slightly lifting at the end.

Locking the rear is not hard on the pads though, only on control and tire. I use short locking the rear as a horn, because my 17 PSI Berm Master tire is screaming like it's a 10 ton truck when locked on pavement. :twisted:

miuan said:
levleon13 said:
I have original shimano rotors 203, and original shimano pads too.

Do you use organic/resin, or metallic pads?
Metallic are much more durable.
i do use metallic .
tiny_n_terrible said:
Sabvoton 96 volt 60 amp with variable regen for $150.00 . Snapped up quickly on endless sphere.
yeah but im looking for 72 .

anyway , if someone could post some lead link to purchase a controller with regen i'd be thankful .

thanks

The Sabvoton is good for 72V
It is programmable and max 96V, no minimum
You set the LVC as you wish

Back