I just got a long-tail cargo bike, I'm trying to decide what kit to put on it. here's the details:
- * i'd humbly consider myself a strong biker. I want whatever I do to continue feeling like a bike but I also want it to go fast.
* weight: 190lbs
- * Kona Ute cargo bike http://2014.konaworld.com/bike.cfm?content=ute
* all stock, meaning:
* 700c wheels
* mechanical disk brakes
- * the most common thing I will be doing with this bike is going to work and back. it's a 6 mile commute with some hills. here's a strava of me riding it on my road bike https://www.strava.com/activities/269162425/overview so you can get an idea of elevation profile & stuff.
* I also want to be able to load it up with 2 kids (30 & 50lbs) on the back and one more (6 year old) pulled behind on a WeeRide Co-Pilot. while I'll put more miles on it commuting by myself, I want to make sure that the motor & battery can handle it as that is the main reason we got the cargo bike instead of just a normal bike and something we want to do often.
I'd like a desired max speed if I'm riding by myself with no cargo of ~27mph on a flat but anything above that would be great. I'd imagine I will be PAS 9-ing or full-throttling most of the time regardless of whatever the top speed ends up being, that's just how I am. The whole point is to get from point a to be asap.
range: with no hills or cargo at full-throttle (and by that i mean between 23-33mph) i'd like at least 14 miles (so I don't have to charge mid-day on my 6 mile commute)
I've narrowed it down to 3 options:
- * BBS02 w/ 48V 12AH PANASONIC NCR18650PF 3C battery http://bafangusadirect.com/products/baf ... ic-battery $825 shipped
* BBS02 w/ Shark 48v PF 11.5ah from lunacycle (https://lunacycle.com/bafang-bbs02-750w-middrive-kit/) for ~$950 shipped
* or same bbs02 w/ 47V 11.8Ah High-Power (13S4P-30Q) battery https://em3ev.com/shop/bafang-48v-750w- ... lug_49=usa from em3ev for $960 shipped
Do I need to get the BBSHD over the BBSO2? it's not the added weight that's holding me back, it's the added price. Will hauling 3 small kids around town be too much for the bbs02?
Speaking of hauling kids, what size chain ring should I get? I guess I want my cake and to eat it too because I want to be able to haul kids but I also want to be able to have something that I can still contribute with pedaling while going 25mps+. and should I get a Bling Ring or one of those adapters so I can use it with whatever chainring?
how much battery capacity do you think I need for my 15 mile expectation? will an 11.xAH battery be enough or do I need 13AH?
do the 52volt battery packs make a huge difference over 48v? there is not a 52v waterbottle/shark option from em3ev that I saw. is it worth the ~$90 to upgrade? how much faster would it make things?
Thanks in advance for any help