Affordable 100V IR Meter?

rg12

100 kW
Hey Guys,

I'm looking for an IR tester for up to 100V.

I don't wanna mess with loads and calculating by hand as I'm looking for maximum convenience here.

Any ideas?

I use this:

http://vi.raptor.ebaydesc.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItemDescV4&item=171036127989&category=4678&pm=1&ds=0&t=1497826032617

It's not as accurate as a true DC IR meter, but for comparing batteries and change in batteries its consistent enough.

For real accuracy, I use 100w mOhm rated resistors and a multimeter per cell to get very exact and repeatable results.

Edit: just saw you said you didn't want to mess by hand. Sorry. Just use the one I linked. Its consistent and repeatable, so unless you're calculating LVC to the 10th of a volt, its accurate enough, especially since you need to leave buffer for temperature and other connectors

Looks nice

I was wandering, how can that little thing test 100v IR? it doesn't seem like it has huge resistors inside to handle the current while testing...

They probably use a very short pulse that isn't long enough to generate a huge amount of heat. Seems like the resistance of the probe wires would be very significant in the measurement unless they use a 4 wire system.

It's actually an ACIR meter. It sends high frequency pulses and measures total impedance instead of straight DC voltage drop

You couldn't replug the numbers back into an ohms law calculator and get the right answer, but the measurements are consistent. Measured by ACIR, a battery that has a higher resistance will sag more than one that doesn't, and two batteries that have the same reading will perform the same.

Back