Walk Behind Cart

worra

1 µW
I am new here. I am looking for a hub motor that goes slooooow. If not a hub motor maybe a mid mount geared down. I want to build a walk behind one wheeled cart to take to the mountains to carry my gear.

Have you thought of a mobility scooter set up, slow wind torque motor? Sounds ideal for hauling at walking pace?. I think hub motors will heat up and be too inefficient at low speeds? I could be wrong but could be expensive finding out..

Good luck with whatever you decide

MTT-136-moteur-chenille-transport-neige-ban.jpg

There's a few threads about electric wheel barrows and the like that might have some info, like this one:
https://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=12780

My reply there:
amberwolf said:
The way I would do it is with a powerchair motor that uses the gearbox shaft as the axle. They usually run on 24V and are max of about 4MPH. Brushed motor, so dead simple to control. Powerful enough to move at least a couple hundred pounds even with just one. Some can do much more than that.

There are two common sizes of wheel for them; one about 14", one about 10". Usually the hubs are separate from the wheel, and the bore hole is different for them. Get a motor that usually uses a 14" wheel, and put the 10" on it instead, and you have even more torque than before, and less speed. Perfect for a wheelbarrow.

Hello,

i got nearly the same request! Thank you for your answers written before!

I want to "scratch my own itch" with building a two wheeled (two lane) wheelbarrow.

First thought, to keep it simple, take me two of my old bafang kits. Adjust them with throttles and let them run and steer it, more or less like a tank.

But then i think about the low speed.
I am wondering if its possible to fix that problem by:
a) changing the gear ratio???
b) turning up the voltage/ generally adjust the electric power controll???

c) Is there any hubmotor that can handle low speed without heating up/effiency above 75percent?

Thank you all

Back