Ebike thru car wash

I hate a dirty bike. I frequently run my ebike thru the local car wash. I strap it on my car rack and run it thru the local touchless car wash. Not only does my car look better but my bike is like shiny new. I've been doing it for years with all my ebikes and never had an issue. Naturally I remove the battery first and always let it thoroughly drive. Am I crazy, anyone else clean their bikes like this?
Rack.png

I have been cleaning with a pressure washer a few times that my dirt bike was really messed up, but usually do it by hand with the daily inspection and maintenance.

I go through the coin car wash, I usually can do an entire car in one cycle $1, if I want spotless I use another $1 and get all the windows and lights. Haven't yet with the ebike, just hose 'er down at home, or wipe it down.
Maybe I should try Armour-All, I hear the offroaders (Jeeps) use it after a wash in the wheel wells, on the bumpers and the like. They say mud doesnt stick to it. I dont play in the mud though, I used to ride in the creeks and rivers but they found salmonella and fece's in the little river, the big river is where the storm drains dump into.

Clean? Cleaner it is the more desirable a target it is, so I don't do that much. ;)

When I do, I just wipe stuff down with a rag and whatever cleaning solution (if any) is appropriate for that particular item.

Any kind of spray, even just a garden hose with your thumb over the end, can drive water into your bike's bearings and start the process of corrosion.

Bikes that have been spray washed can look really good while needing major service to put them back in order. The best bet by far is to wipe off your bike, not spray it.

Chalo said:
Any kind of spray, even just a garden hose with your thumb over the end, can drive water into your bike's bearings and start the process of corrosion.

Bikes that have been spray washed can look really good while needing major service to put them back in order. The best bet by far is to wipe off your bike, not spray it.

I did exactly that at the self-serve coin wash over thirty years ago. Never again. :oops: I usually wipe it off with a rag and some Simple Green, just to get some of the grunge off if I need to take it to the LBS.

Back