Qulbix or FUTR Frame: Any difference in quality?

I'm trying to decide between these two frames. Outside of cosmetic differences, are there any difference in build quality, responsiveness, ride quality and so on?

Which one would you choose? Why? My color choices will be a lot more understated.

Qulbix 140r
qulbix-performance-electric-bikes-140-standard-moto-blackwhite_3.jpg

Qulbix 76r
image_5957b30e3cdb7_qulbix-performance-ebikes-Q76R-all-black-orange-moto-805x529.png

FUTR Alpha
Alpha_White-480x480.jpg

FUTR Beta
Beta_White-480x480.jpg

Thanks

Ive ridden a 140 and its built like a Slovian tank. Very solid. The only issues known are that the seat braxkets sometimes bend or snap, but can replaced under warranty :wink: I am not sure but i think the frame may have a two year warranty. The 140 geometry makes the bike quite long and it has a very wide head angle for the forks - like a down hill bike.

I personally do not like the geomtry look of the alpha frame, but i have never seen one in the flesh. The frames you have shown are all made with different amounts of battery capacity in mind so it could come down to how long/far you want to ride and how many amps you want to pull. and the beta frame will only take a 135mm motor axle not 150mm.

I ride an nyx :D

Not sure about the Qulbix, but there are reports of this on the FUTR's:
https://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=71666&p=1208604&hilit=normal+beta#p1208604

616b1ay.jpg

I don't know where the FUTR frames are made, but the Qulbix frames are made in Europe, they are high quality. As others have mentioned, under heavy load and very bumpy road, there have been some reports of the seat subframe bending. I've heard their new seat subframes don't have that issue though. So if you buy it now, you don't have to worry about that. I own a Raptor 140 frame, it's a tough hunk of metal.

I'm leaning more towards the 76. I want something a little narrower and easy to toss around. One thing that I do know is to try and buy as few parts from Qulbix as possible because their markup is crazy high.

Mikey_Builds said:
I'm leaning more towards the 76. I want something a little narrower and easy to toss around. One thing that I do know is to try and buy as few parts from Qulbix as possible because their markup is crazy high.

As long as you know the head tube, seatpost and bb size you can buy everything elsewhere. 76 is designed with 18650 battery cells in mind. Not sure what cells you wantto use but the space could be restrictive for lipo and other chemistries

I wouldn't worry about the heat distortion in the FUTR frame. If anything it's a sign of good penetration in the weld and higher quality material.

brumbrum said:
Mikey_Builds said:

As long as you know the head tube, seatpost and bb size you can buy everything elsewhere. 76 is designed with 18650 battery cells in mind. Not sure what cells you wantto use but the space could be restrictive for lipo and other chemistries

I planned to build a DIY 18650 pack. I've looked into lipo but I don't want all the extra maintenance and worries.

I've also thought about for my first build to just get a $1000 Trek hard tail bike with suspension seat post and have a build where I don't need to piecemeal a lot of parts. Save the fancy frame for later in the year or when I know I really want to commute this way.

I just received my Qulbix 76R frame here in the US.

Shipping was fast and reasonable. Communication with them is exceptional. Had some custom issues which were resolved easily.

Overall I think the quality is good. Welds look good, couple spots where they had some distortion from welding sheet metal in plane. But overall good. I had some paint get on the bottom bracket threads but I wire brushed it off. Seems simple enough to mask off not sure why they don't do this?

But I'm nitpicking really. This is my first build. I looked at many options and coming from a dirt bike and motorcycle background I wanted big power. Downhill frames are expensive even used and when I realized it would take modifying either a complete bike or adding components to a downhill frame I figured the cost is essentially the same and the Qulbix is purpose made for my intentions.

I think both look good and so far I think it's a good value for what I wanted to do.

I bought the frame, shock spacer and motor mounting stuff along with a QS205 motor from Qulbix. Everything else I'm sourcing myself like moto rims, Marzocchi dh forks, shocks etc.

One thing I do wonder is how do these bikes handle on pavement. I don't care about riding offroad, I just like the cool look and how they don't look like bicycles, especially with a moto seat. What I do fear is that that the long DH forks and the rake is going to make it handle more like a boat that a zippy bike.

It might make sense to get something like this. It uses the same fork that many use but the rake is different and seems like it might support better handling:

eg6-spartaframe-003.jpg

Back