Not your "Typical" Vector

markz

100 TW
Not mine, just found this ad interesting
https://www.kijiji.ca/v-ebike/banff-canmore/electric-bicycles/1289054571?enableSearchNavigationFlag=true

Do you think that mid drive part would be the controller for the hub motor?

That would be my guess...the controller plus a PAS sensor. Battery was in the downtube (obviously, and small 250W geared hubmotor in the rear wheel?).

That is very cheap, both for 300$ W/O batteries.

I was in Canmore when we were building the olympic village. With the hills around that my pickup truck had to climb in 1st gear, no wonder why those lame ebikes are for sale. :mrgreen:

Well most are retired rich folks that live Canmore/Banff.
The controller would be small, no need for the BB area to be so large.

I went to have a look at Canmore on Google Earth. Reminds me the old days. It is about 15 times the size that it was built for the "88 winter Olympics. We had established a camp on a mountain on the other side of the highway, after I had found a rock trail that climed up to a terrace above the vegetation height. We were climbing there everyday after work, wearing out my brand new pickup truck to scrap value in one summer. Driving down to work in the morning when it was wet, was scaring my staff to death. :twisted:
That is about where we were camped:

I gotta plan to do my first long distance ebike ride from Calgary to Banff (120km) but frock around a bit just before Banff in Canmore (95km) and might go all the way to Lake Louise (175km).

Speaking of the 1988 Winter Olympics, my father worked it, and me and my brother worked it. I was a flag bearer at Nakiska because I was on that Ski Team. Over the years I must have traveled out there 100's of times. Sunshine Ski Resort, Lake Louise Ski Resort, partied in Banff. I went for a "conference" in Banff twice, we have it every year at the Banff Parks Lodge but its not for me, its too social butterfly crap for me. There is literally nothing to do there for me. I used to hit up the hot springs after a hard days skiing, then Outta Bounds night club. Gondola up Sulpher Mountain, The Cave and Basin is good for tourists. Hiking was never my cup of tea. Biking though, thats why I am going, plus I need a break from big city life before it gets too cold.

As for these Vector bicycles, would be a good choice for a starter, maybe get someone hooked on the hobby. The frames wouldnt be much good when upgrading. My choice for that route would be the type of ebike that has space behind the seat post bar for the battery, or like my bike the Strong GTS.

The summer I was there, was long before the olympics. The village was in the early stage of construction. Streets weren't paved and most contractors had their staff living in trailers. I had a carpentry contract to frame 90 identical houses, that we completed in 24 weeks with the 3 guys working for me then.

I never went back there after. Lookin at it in Google Earth, is making me dream of going for a bike trip some day.

Back