Structure Cycleworks Linkage Fork

LockH

1 PW
Ummm.. Started out in Victoria BC Canada, then sta
p5pb15050070.jpg

Is This Linkage Fork the Future of Suspension? - Crankworx Whistler 2017:
https://www.pinkbike.com/news/structure-cycleworks-linkage-fork-crankworx-whistler-2017.html

Starts:
Linkage suspension forks aren't a new concept, with the idea being trailed in all sorts of two-wheeled sports throughout the past. Fans of motorcycle road racing still talk about the legendary ELF Honda NSR500 and its wild chassis and linkage front-end that was raced in the 1980s, and mountain biking has also seen a handful of different linkage forks over the decades, from AMP to Whyte and a few others. None of those designs ever caught on, however, and traditional bushing-based suspension forks are obviously still the norm... but should they be?

Structure Cycleworks wants to change that with the 150mm-travel SCW-1 and their linkage fork that's integrated into the bike's carbon fiber chassis. The company knows that they're going to have an uphill battle and that the bike's polarizing looks will be an instant turn-off for many riders, but Structure Cycleworks' Loni Hull says that they're aiming to win people over with its performance, not its appearance.

Structure Cycleworks Ltd. also popped up on MTB-MAG.COM site...

Structure Cycleworks to debut at Crankworx Whistler
https://www.mtb-mag.com/en/structure-cycleworks-to-debut-at-crankworx-whistler/

Starts:
At Crankworx Whistler, Structure Cycleworks plan to display a new bike that is interesting to say the least.

:)

Many have tried, but none ever succeded. I would applause to one who will give a try to the opposite: An independant rear suspension that would be mounted on the frame as simple as a fork.

The fork, has the advantage to be entirely independant of the frame. It can be replaced quickly as a single complete unit, giving the bike a new handling and/or geometry. If we could have the same options for the rear suspension, bikes would be tuneable to a new level of range and precision. Replacement or mod of a rear shock, is giving very limited options since the pivots and linkage are part of the frame design.

MadRhino said:
I would applause to one who will give a try to the opposite: An independant rear suspension that would be mounted on the frame as simple as a fork.

Shockster! I bet it works almost as good as it looks.
2d0ca0e64a9344f77eb353c9fcb6c638.jpg

Chalo said:
MadRhino said:
I would applause to one who will give a try to the opposite: An independant rear suspension that would be mounted on the frame as simple as a fork.

Shockster! I bet it works almost as good as it looks.

Hehe, not a promising statement. :|
I was thinking about a frame that is designed to mount a fully functional, long travel monoshock suspension as a stand alone unit. A mounting standard that would make it possible to buy various suspension swing arms with different pivot height, action, travel, quality... Just like forks.

Back