Sondors X double tax? Export+ import tax?

1boris

100 W
Hi
I like the new Sondors X with 48v 17 ah battery.But I dont understand the taxes.when i put it in the shopping chart it says I have to pay 205 usd extra in tax.Is this an eport tax from US to Europe? If that is the case then I need to pay export tax plus impoert tax here in Norway.Is this correct?

You'd need to ask the place you're buying from what the taxes/etc are for. Then you can go check up on them to see if that's actually correct.

Alternately you can check with customs on the country of origin and the country of destination, and see what they have to say about it.

I use a forwarder, such as shipito.com for all US purchases. While most vendors are pretty good, doing so avoids any milking for or baulking at OS shipping.. and you set the customs value etc...

Explain more on this shipito.com process...
Where do you live?
When you buy products in the USA, and you use shipito.com how much extra are you paying in s/h costs?

Because I want to buy a bikesdirect.com fat bike and they suggest using a forwarder for out of USA customers, but I've always wondered how much extra it will cost. Can you give some examples of what you bought, how much it was for that company to send it to the forwarder, then how much from there to your place.

I'm an Aussie.

There are probably a few freight forwarders, shipito is just one iv'e used for years, 00's of times and so far with no dramas.

Nothing in the works at the moment but the charge for simple forwarding is a pittance, something like $2-3 per package, you then fill the customs dec yourself and the value..
You can also wait for other parcels and have them repackage all together in one box.
In most cases a range of postage options are offered, so often it actually works out cheaper, especially if you take advantage of often free domestic shipping within the US.

To find cost of shipping from Mail Forwarder Company to your place in the World would then use FedEx, DHL's to get a price quote from USA mailbox to wherever in the world. FedEx is nice because they got the Box Rate. Everytime I've looked its like really expensive. Small or Medium FedEx box with 3lbs is $90-$100. I've never made sense of the forwarder service. Even UPS is $100 for a 3lb's in a express box.

Yes, well, DHL, Fedex, UPS, USPS, TNT.. etc. that's the bonus, for Australia they have a direct link to Austpost shipping for example, which is much cheaper than any general carrier..

https://www.shipito.com/en/shipping-calculator

Back