MXUS xf40 1000w only going up to 20 mph at 1500 watt

boytitan

100 W
Not sure if my controller is bad since its been sitting in my garage for over a month gonna test with a diff controller 2marrow but my new mxus hub motor only goes up to 20 mph and will not draw 1500w from my controller. I am using a sw900 display and a ebikeling controller everything worked fine with my last 2 hub motors. I tested with 2 different batteries btw.

Different winding?
Speed limited in the settings?
Wrong phase/hall combinations?
Defective throttle?

Many possible reasons. You have to check every possible cause, proceed by elimination.

A watt meter reading with the wheel off the ground (unloaded) is a good way to verify that everythings connected properly (phase/hall wires). Colors don't always match up between manufacturers.

MadRhino said:
Different winding?
Speed limited in the settings?
Wrong phase/hall combinations?
Defective throttle?

Many possible reasons. You have to check every possible cause, proceed by elimination.

I tried different throttles Ill try different phase combinations now.

Well one combo of phase wires made my motor spend faster at the speeds its supposed to but in the wrong direction.

Should I reverse the hall sensors along with the phase wires reversed.

Tried it with the controller it came with same crap speed but even slightly slower. This motor is just a dud I am guessing false advertisement and it isn't even a mxus. My controller was designed for a different 9c clone so there should be no issue. And a lower winding isn't the thing because the torque is not great.

If you have a good combo in reverse.

Swap 2 phases, any 2, and leave the third as is
Then the proper combo is one of the hall combinations, other than the one that you have. So swap 2 halls, if not good set them back as they were and try swapping one of the only 2 remaining possibilities...

MadRhino said:
If you have a good combo in reverse.

Swap 2 phases, any 2, and leave the third as is
Then the proper combo is one of the hall combinations, other than the one that you have. So swap 2 halls, if not good set them back as they were and try swapping one of the only 2 remaining possibilities...

I tried that already. Also the speed issue is there with the controller it came with.

Unless a bad solder connection can cause this but I solder the same everytime.

I just bought a XF 40 Rear for testing since long time DD users here on E.S. say you can get allot of speed from a DD and you can put in allot of Amps ./?

What Voltage are you using ?

What amps is your display showing ?

What Wheel Size ?

Anyone know how to tell what wind a MXUS XF 40 rear hub motor is ?

( there are two sets of numbers after / to the right of XF40,
In my case they are 1202 then to the right of that 0222 , Anyone know what they stand for ? )

Back