electric ebike motorcycle help

My current ebike has a BBS02 and 48v battery setup and I love it but find it to be lacking in power. I live out in the boondocks where most people ride around on dirtbikes or 4-wheelers so the on-road/off-road rules for electric bikes dont matter much. I plan on upgrading my battery to anywhere between 72-96v. I dont plan on climbing mountains with the bike so I care more about top speed and not having to pedal than having a ridiculous amount of torque. Which type of motor is best for this; mid-drive or a hub motor? Any suggestions or tips for making a high powered electric bike are greatly appreciated.

Hey Michael. The best thing you can do is browse ES and chase threads that interest you. If you already have a BBS set-up, transitioning to a BBSHD probably wouldn't be difficult. You would certainly get the power/speed. Luna sells their hot-rod set-up or you do electricracetechnologie's external controller route. Then carefully pick a battery that suites your riding style and have a blast.

the bike i would be putting it on would be a trek 4300 which i see you have too. How do you like the H3580 Crystalyte? I was thinking about a 3000w watt cyclone which is similar power.

If you want speed and reliability, buy a big DD hub. I like the QS 205 H50 v3, and it is available for a good price in a complete variety of windings. If you want high power too, keep your battery within 24s and use a controller that has 4110 mosfets. Then you can beat the gassers in the trails.

Then, you need some serious bike. A DH racing frame, good brakes, good wheels.

If speed thrills you more than acceleration, then a DD hub is the way to go. But if your idea of speed is over 30mph, you're going to want to skip the Trek 4300 and get a DH bike with a full suspension.
Since you're investing the kind of money a fast powerful ebike takes, you should start with a good bike that will perform well when you're done.

The design process looks something like this:

Pick your speed and range >-----> Pick the battery that can deliver the power needed for that speed and range >-----> pick a bike frame that can hold the battery and handle well at that power and speed >-----> pick your motor

yeah im looking to get the bike going anywhere between 40-50mph preferably. If I can get find a way to get it 50+ that'd be cool and enjoyable but not necessary. looking to get 20 miles minimum. think im going with a powerful DD hub after reading everyones comments. is it best to buy a prebuilt battery set or to build a custom battery? I have a 48v battery already so i was wondering if i could just get a 24-36v battery and combine them for a total of 72-84v.

Back