Lyen 18FET 4110 MarkII Overclocker Ready Sensorless question

rumme

100 kW
Anyone using this controller for 60-72 volt setup running 5kw or more in sensorless mode ? If so, are you happy with its performance ?

I don't know. For me, high power is not easy to dissociate from sensored. I mean, even at moderate power, most sensorless systems are cogging badly on a start. I have had a motor/controller combo that was doing pretty good sensorless, after I had fried the halls and did ride a whole winter sensorless. It was a slow motor (x5306) with a 12X4110 sensored/sensorless controller that was mod and set very high. It wasn't starting good, but needed very little help to start running just as good and silent as it was with hall sensors working.

MadRhino said:
I don't know. For me, high power is not easy to dissociate from sensored. I mean, even at moderate power, most sensorless systems are cogging badly on a start. I have had a motor/controller combo that was doing pretty good sensorless, after I had fried the halls and did ride a whole winter sensorless. It was a slow motor (x5306) with a 12X4110 sensored/sensorless controller that was mod and set very high. It wasn't starting good, but needed very little help to start running just as good and silent as it was with hall sensors working.

yeah...I don't mind pedaling from a dead stop, to help the sensorless system get going . I'm gonna try sensorless with my 72 volt / 95 amp ebike next week. hoping it works good at medium/high speeds , even if I have to phsycially pedal a small bit from a dead stop to get the correct motion forward .

Why?
The motor is sensorless?
I did not know that the 18x4110 lyen controllers were available sensored/sensorless. The dual mode controllers that I have had were all smaller.

If you are willing to pedal start, and the controller has a sensorless mode, it will do fine. Just unplug the halls connector and you are running sensorless, even with a sensored motor. Up a steep hill on a stop light, you might find hard to start, but otherwise it will not be long to get used to it.

Some controller/motor combos are not a good match to run sensorless, but most are doing good.

Back