Cobalt processing plant, major part of our batteries

This is about 28 miles from my place, the actual mine is about a 3 hour flight away, assuming I screw around on the way, getting sidetracked looking for and at new places to ride. I will fly over the processing plant construction site first chance I get, get some good aerial photo's, and then stop by and give them to the project superintendent along with my business card for my crane service. I just google earthed it, and the site is an easy 3 or 5 mile ride from the town airstrip, so I'll ride the eMontague over. I may have an opportunity to point out that not only do I have the best crane service in the area, I rode to the job site on a bike partially powered by what the plant will make, and as such would be excited to help out in any way (at my usual rates of course.) The last time I did something similar was when I was craning behind "Amy's Kitchen", a vegie frozen food company, nation wide I think? They recently located one of their processing plants in my area, and at one point while on the job, and waiting on some iron workers, I got on the company's site and saw they had a comments section. So I emailed them that unlike any other food process plant I've worked at, this placed smelled GOOD, and they should know their project sub contractors were using the only vegan owned crane service in town. A week later I got a letter with a coupon good for 50 bucks worth of their product, which is good stuff BTW. Shameless sucking up can really pay off when done properly! That job was also the first time I used my crane's ebike to get off site for lunch. Now routine, (just today, again) it was a thrill to realize what capability I now had.

If I get any work out of the project, at some point I'll get some pics of the mine site, if I feel they would be appreciated by the powers that be. My local competitors in craning will do none of these things, ha ha. Whether I get any work or not, I am excited about this crucial component of our batteries having such strong Idaho connections, USA for that matter, very cool. http://www.4-traders.com/ECOBALT-SOLUTIONS-INC-1409977/news/Ecobalt-Cobalt-facility-opening-near-Blackfoot-25266355/

Thanks for the post. It does give one a great feeling to first be aware of this connection, then to be able to be the highest value contractor. Good luck.
Being the highest value contractor, you can save them money which will keep them in business at a price that will keep you in business as well.

Back