Are gears, clutches available for a BMC VT2 motors

The same parts are used in the MAC and Ezee geared motors;

https://em3ev.com/shop/?prod_cat_=mac-motor-parts

motomech said:
The same parts are used in the MAC and Ezee geared motors;

https://em3ev.com/shop/?prod_cat_=mac-motor-parts

Thank you. I will contact Joesph or Paul to find out if they are exact fit or if I need to do anything to make them work.

Jason

Because of different generation clutches and gears, it's best to buy the whole gear cluster at once from the same source - even if you buy the pieces separately. The overall outer thickness of the assemblies is the same, but some have thicker gears or clutches so mixing and matching parts of different eras isn't always successful (e.g. don't buy just a clutch - you probably won't need new gears, but buy them anyway so they are guaranteed to match the clutch and build up an assembly that will fit properly). Good to add a note for a couple of extra shim washers, too.

Otherwise, as MM says: you can run MAC parts in a BMC w/o problem (personal experience)...

Here's some notes and images of this stuff from Way Back that you may find useful: https://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=36959&p=589121#p589121

I wrote this way back in Sept., '16, I think it still applies;
"All Puma's, BMC's, Mac's and Ezee's(CST excepted, it's too new to know), use 4 versions of basicly the same clutch/gear ASM.

As far as to what is avail. today, Ebike CA offers the V1/V2 clutch, but is out of stock;

EM3ev offers what is described a "MAC only" clutch and implies it's the "one piece" V3 clutch, but it is NOT. It is the V1/V2 two piece clutch that fits any of the above listed motors. It is my understanding that the V3 clutch has had some problems(fracturing?)and Paul has pulled it from the line-up(He needs to up-date his web site info.).
Ebike SF offers the V4 clutch;
http://www.ebikessf.com/BMC-V4-Clutch-Assembly
All new clutch/gear ASM's come w/ the blue composite gears."

teklektik said:
Because of different generation clutches and gears, it's best to buy the whole gear cluster at once from the same source - even if you buy the pieces separately. The overall outer thickness of the assemblies is the same, but some have thicker gears or clutches so mixing and matching parts of different eras isn't always successful (e.g. don't buy just a clutch - you probably won't need new gears, but buy them anyway so they are guaranteed to match the clutch and build up an assembly that will fit properly). Good to add a note for a couple of extra shim washers, too.

Otherwise, as MM says: you can run MAC parts in a BMC w/o problem (personal experience)...

Here's some notes and images of this stuff from Way Back that you may find useful: https://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=36959&p=589121#p589121

Thanks, I am sure I will find your notes and images very helpful to me.

Jason

motomech said:
I wrote this way back in Sept., '16, I think it still applies;
"All Puma's, BMC's, Mac's and Ezee's(CST excepted, it's too new to know), use 4 versions of basicly the same clutch/gear ASM.

As far as to what is avail. today, Ebike CA offers the V1/V2 clutch, but is out of stock;

EM3ev offers what is described a "MAC only" clutch and implies it's the "one piece" V3 clutch, but it is NOT. It is the V1/V2 two piece clutch that fits any of the above listed motors. It is my understanding that the V3 clutch has had some problems(fracturing?)and Paul has pulled it from the line-up(He needs to up-date his web site info.).
Ebike SF offers the V4 clutch;
http://www.ebikessf.com/BMC-V4-Clutch-Assembly
All new clutch/gear ASM's come w/ the blue composite gears."

Both of you fellows have just been very helpful to me. You are a great resource.

Thanks so much!

Jason

So does the V4 Clutch and the blue composite gears you mention fit the V2T motor. As far as I know I do not need them yet but I have a deal working where I am buying a lightly used V2T motor and I am sourcing parts for it. I am supposed to close the deal tomorrow and if I do I think its a good idea to go ahead and get the clutch and the gears since I understand I will most likely need these before its over. What about the Motor bearings? Should those be replaced as well? Also do all V2Ts have a wiring harness problem sooner or later?

Sorry about all the questions but you appear to be a sharp fellow who is familiar with these motors. I am building my first E-bike/Trike and I have Parts on order from Paul and Justin already for that. This is something extra I came across and its a motorized trailer to push my wife's bike. I have done a lot of searching on the net but as you know that is never the same as communicating with someone who has actually worked on one or has experience.

So thanks for taking the time and trouble to help me and answer my questions.

Jason

I clicked on the Ebike SF link and it would appear what they are now offering the V2 clutch, which makes the V2 the default unit.
I ordered an extra V2 clutch and blue gears for my Ezee V1 because I intended to use it off-road and being the V1, it came w/ the grey nylon gears. But I haven't gone off road lately and if I stay on the street, I doubt I will ever need them. Also, I only run 1200 or so Watts thru the Ezee.
I imagine the V2T motor you will be looking at will already have the blue gears, so if I were you, I would wait to see what you have when you obtain the motor. If it hasn't been used off road or had BIG power run thru it, the clutch/gears are probably ok. Anyhow, there seems to be no shortage of these parts and if you need them later, they should be avail.
The easiest way to ck. the axle bearings is to spin the motor and feel/listen for any roughness or noise. They last many 1,000's of miles, so I suspect you don't need to worry about them.

This is something extra I came across and its a motorized trailer to push my wife's bike

I would be careful w/ that. My ex when combined w/ 2 wheels was an accident waiting to happen.

motomech said:
This is something extra I came across and its a motorized trailer to push my wife's bike

I would be careful w/ that. My ex when combined w/ 2 wheels was an accident waiting to happen.

I understand your words of caution. We ride Higher End Recumbent Trikes and my wife's particular Trike happens to be a Delta design. This type of push trailer this is built into actually is what the manufacturer suggests for a regular pull behind.

I bet you have seen Ride Kick trailers that have two wheels with only one that pushes. This is a single wheel trailer with one wheel that pushes.

Jason

Back