Stronger connector than MT60?

I wish they made a MT90 version, but it does not exist. Individual bullet connectors seem to be the closest thing you can get now.

How about a 3D printed housing for bullet connectors?

Thought about it but I don't have time for that...
I guess another problem will be to detach 3 really big connections at once...

Are those for your phase wires? Don't laugh but I use Anderson PP75 for my phases. You can get bigger sizes too but the PP75 is sufficient for 200+ phase amps.

I use EC5 terminals with shrinks.
I just thought it would be cool to have a 3 pin connector for high amps.

flat tire said:
You can get bigger sizes too but the PP75 is sufficient for 200+ phase amps.

Serious question, how do you figure the PP75 is good to 200+ amps when it's rated for 75? The reason I ask is bc I have PP45's and I wonder if I can run them up to 100+ phase amps?

Mostly because phase amps aren't continuous, so the conductor will have time to cool between peaks.

Current ratings for conductors are subject to a great number of conditions.

PP45 are not good for high current. If you are using Andersons, buy the big ones, 8ga Turnigy wire, and proper crimping tool. Then they are good for very high current surges.

jasonf150 said:
flat tire said:
You can get bigger sizes too but the PP75 is sufficient for 200+ phase amps.

Serious question, how do you figure the PP75 is good to 200+ amps when it's rated for 75? The reason I ask is bc I have PP45's and I wonder if I can run them up to 100+ phase amps?

I just recently discovered that I had melted my PP45 phase wire connectors on ~90 phase amps peak, so I wouldn't recommend it. When I asked Grin (the PP45's were stock with their kit), I was told that I should have kept it down to 65A-70A peak with plenty of airflow.

jasonf150 said:
Serious question, how do you figure the PP75

Because I've been using them for years with up to 400 amps phase current (3 pairs connectors here) and in quick bursts you could do more. They are really, really good reliable connectors the only downsides are size and cost.

The PP45 are total GARBAGE. Different design, can't even carry 45 amps reliably. Don't use PP45 for a anything except low power hobby projects, if that. They suck.

NCC1941 said:
I just recently discovered that I had melted my PP45 phase wire connectors on ~90 phase amps peak, so I wouldn't recommend it.
Great job noob you surely don't even know what a PP75 is.

flat tire said:

I know perfectly well what a PP75 is. The person I was responding to wanted to know about the limits of a PP45.

flat tire said:
No you don't and you quoted two separate posts about the PP75 before your reply. Use brain.

I quoted one post above the one I was replying to, because it was nested and I forgot to trim it out. My mistake. I didn't intend to send you a notification unnecessarily.

As for the question I was replying to:

jasonf150 said:

The question was about PP45's, not PP75's. I won't resort to aimlessly insulting your intelligence to make my point, but I do recommend that you actually read the posts you reply to before you get all up in arms about them.

flat tire wrote:
Sep 26 2019 10:44am

No you don't and you quoted two separate posts about the PP75 before your reply. Use brain.

This is the kind of stuff that ruins the forum and drives people away. Insults and personal attacks are not allowed here. Let's stay focused on the technical stuff.

rg12 said:
I just thought it would be cool to have a 3 pin connector for high amps.
The Anderson SBS75G has three contacts in a row, and can handle 110A continuously. Comes in either PCB mount or cable connector, so you could directly put the connector on the controller board (no cables coming out of it) and then on the motor phase cable.
http://www.andersonpower.com/us/en/products/sbs/sbs-75g.aspx
sbs75g-1.jpg
The reason for the little red T handle is that it would be VERY difficult to unplug without it. ;)

If you need something larger, the Anderson SB175 has three contacts in a row, and can handle 280A continuously.
http://www.andersonpower.com/us/en/products/sb-sb-boots/sb-175.aspx
sb175-2.jpg

Back