What sort of connectors do you use on brake levers and throttles?

auraslip

10 MW
Right now I have two types of connectors that I crimp, but I'm kinda out of following the forum every day. Am I missing a popular connector?

152600097450-4_600.jpg
This is what I have now.

The white ones were a PITA to source since they don't have an OFFICIAL name.

I like JST-SM. I've had no reason so far to want something better.

amberwolf said:
Higo is getting popular. http://ebike-solutions.de is a source, IIRC

But hard to source, and expensive.

Chalo said:
I like JST-SM. I've had no reason so far to want something better.
^+1

I like JST-SM connectors for low current connections because they are cheap, compact, crimpable (rather than being forced to solder molded connectors with pigtails) and easy to troubleshoot. Although not waterproof, a little silicone to the rear of the connectors helps a lot

IMO, Higo connector's main disadvantage is that they are near impossible to troubleshoot. For this reason alone, I refuse to deal with them.

Auraslip,
you shown non-weather proof connectors easly penetrated by water.
Google wild rose brand of round connectors - they are real data connecors.https://www.google.ca/search?q=WILDROSE+weatherproof+connectors&tbm=isch&tbs=rimg:CdBbCTT-mxvOIjhbtlaVnQp8TBYX1biiF0QrH0dRNz4bjZvSpbeoaQI6YEGah9LCIhYxmqNgIa3thCGRcH5MoZfZrCoSCVu2VpWdCnxMEXWA545c5LlEKhIJFhfVuKIXRCsRcn3J5L535FwqEgkfR1E3PhuNmxF4yoNiPK96rCoSCdKlt6hpAjpgEUZKAindHN3IKhIJQZqH0sIiFjEROxuhW8KfM9wqEgmao2Ahre2EIRFEQBPud46quCoSCZFwfkyhl9msEYEGXlggLP1L&tbo=u&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwjbwcuM-_zXAhVKImMKHVOCB70Q9C8IHw&biw=1366&bih=637&dpr=1

Waterproofing is often better at sealing water in than it is at keeping it out. In my experience working with automobiles, it seemed like most of the wire connectors, even the exposed ones underneath the car body, were unsealed. Yet these connectors are expected to deliver high reliability, and they usually do.

I wonder if this is also the case for data and milliamp-level signal wiring on cars, or only for power wiring.

ACF50 or Boeshield on any connection.

auraslip said:
The only downside to unsealed connectors is corrosion and shorting in rain.

ACF50 or Boeshield on any connection.

Back