mxus 250w

s4turn

1 W
just picked up a shop brought ebike for the wife
Mi6 model:
https://theclearanceshed.co.nz/ebikes/

I'm finding it cuts out around 25 ish km/h
I've removed the speed limiter in the settings, however the speed hasnt changed..

its a 36v 12.5ah battery with the rear hub mxus XF08 250w motor, no idea on the controller?
Display is omt-m3

I see its running 13a

are these motors just very slow in general? or can I safety increase the current?

The primary determinate of a system's top speed is battery Volts.
The analogy of an electric vehicle to a gas one quickly breaks down when examined but, on the surface can be illistrative.
Volts-Horsepower
Amps-Torque
Motor-The motor/Volts relationship is interdependent, and to some extent, it has a bearing on "power", but it's main contribution in regards to speed is gearing.
I plugged the numbers of the original post into the Ebike CA sim. using the FX07 low-speed motor and I got a top speed of 25.7 Kph.
It would appear you got exactly what you payed for.

oh well, the wife is happy with it. I wasnt too impressed. :(

but we got it for $1299 NZ

$1300 aint bad in NZ because its basically the same as CDN$.
It could be the KV is very low, rpm/volt, which means it has a high "Turn Count"

25 is slow, for casual riding I like 30-35kph, cruising the city park pathways and such. But then when I hit open road, I like to go 45-50 but not much more then that. Once in a while I like to go 50+kph.

Her range would be something like 430wh so 15wh/km, so 30km. Its good to do a few test runs to see how far you can go.

You can download apps on your phone to check it out. I just downloaded a few random ones and they seem to all be the same.

25 is not a bad speed for a lady rider at 30 things start to happen faster.cars pulling out in front of etc ect

Back