Question about Kt-lcd3

public_enemy

10 mW
Hello guys!I have a question about the kt-lcd3 display that i am using with a chinese controller.The settings for top speed is set to maximum, (72km) but it limits the speed to 78km, even unloaded or downhill.Can someone tell me how to disable the limitation?

public_enemy said:
Hello guys!I have a question about the kt-lcd3 display that i am using with a chinese controller.The settings for top speed is set to maximum, (72km) but it limits the speed to 78km, even unloaded or downhill.Can someone tell me how to disable the limitation?

You can find the manual with all the settings here.

https://bmsbattery.com/index.php?controller=attachment&id_attachment=5

public_enemy said:
Well, if you have the speed limit set to 72kmh, and it isn't limiting until 78kmh, then there's probably something wrong with the wheel size setting vs the actual wheel diameter. Otherwise, it should limit to 72kmh.

I dont know if it has a complete disable or not.

If the speed sensor is separate, not part of the motor, you could disconnect the speed sensor, and then since the bike doens't know how fast it's going, it can't limit the speed. However, it might time out, so you might have to add a pushbutton to press every so often so the bike doesnt time out and shut down.

Alternately, you can leave the sensor connected, but build a circuit that divides teh number of pulses in half, so taht the speed teh bike sees is half that of the actual speed. (you'd just have to remember its like that when looking at hte speed display).

I was thinking about that but when i limit it to 45km is working fine and when i tested the speed with gps there is 2-3 km difference but i will try playing with the sensor

public_enemy said:
I was thinking about that but when i limit it to 45km is working fine and when i tested the speed with gps there is 2-3 km difference but i will try playing with the sensor
At that speed its probably hit its limits on accuracy? Its not the most expensive kit in the world so I am not surprised it goes a bit weird past 72km/h.

Can the power limit be set to zero? If so, that might tell the controller "no limit." Just a guess, but it might be worth checking out.

Also, I may have just jumped to some assumptions. Is your concern that the controller DOES NOT shut of power at 72 kph, or is your goal to go even faster than 78 kph?

As for accuracy of actual speed, that could be related to small differences in actual tire diameters vs. what the controller is using.

public_enemy said:
I will try to set it to zero.I want to go faster.It has a rpm limitation which i dont like...

Then also make sure that your C5 is set to 10. And keep in mind that the speed limitation may be a result of your maximum voltage. What voltage are you running and which motor?

public_enemy said:
It is 20s battery 84v hot of the charger.Dont know the model of the motor it is 1.7kw

Well, at that voltage, I think most motors will go beyond 78 kmh.

Have you checked the motor max speed with no load? If you can give us a the model, we might be able to confirm that the motor should have a faster maximum speed.

I'm using the motor from this thing https://www.ebay-kleinanzeigen.de/s-anzeige/andere-elmoto-hr-2-2stueck-1mit950-km-und-1mit-3400km/784545626-305-5119 but i cant find anything about it

Back