E-14 Rohloff "The Ultimate Electric Bike Transmission"

LockH

1 PW
Ummm.. Started out in Victoria BC Canada, then sta
Hehe... ESB "Search found 1036 matches: Rohloff"... BUT only one mention re the new E-14...

The Ultimate Electric Bike Transmission – E-14 Rohloff:
http://www.fullycharged.com/newsandreviews/ultimate-electric-bike-transmission-e-14-rohloff/

rohloff-hub-e14.jpg

Deutsch sprechen?
[youtube]mRRhMzDMyzk[/youtube]

Oooooo shiney,

Nice left shifter too.

The ultimate electric bike transmission is just a tire. ie the tire transmits the energy directly from the motor to the ground.

Wow, that is quite the combo, and I like the way the Rohloff communicates with the motor while shifting :shock: Frankly though, it all seems a bit high techy for my tastes, my "regular" Rohloff in my Montague/BBSHD bike shifts just fine, I just use my throttle instead of PAS, and quit pedaling/go to zero throttle at the same time and shift, easy peasy. The Rohloff is one of those things.....that once you get over the expense, the VISA card is paid off or whatever, you never regret springing for, I certainly don't. Just seeing this thread made me realize I haven't ridden mine for 3 months, my winter ride being my fat bike.

Roholf is very expansive to buy and PITA to repair. I find better building enough power to ride simple DD, for gears are making so many extra parts that can (and will) fail.

Back