Electric Vehicle Technologies ,inc

Dogtoes

1 µW
So i picked up a 36v ebike by Electric Vehicle Technologies...model # VVX--1. Told it was some kind of US Army prototype that has lost its battery pac and i can find no info on....can anyone help.....can i just change battery connector and repower with new 36v lipo or nimh?? Only info i got with bike is it may have had a nimh or nicad as original batt........

That's ebikekit.com, or E-Bikekit.

Hard to say which model controller you have, but if it has an external switch, its very likely to run only on 36v.

Others run 36 or 48v.

But since it was a special for the army, no telling what controller you got with it. Pic of it would help me see if it looks like the stock kits. BTW, I worked for EBK almost 4 years, and was loosely involved in product road testing since they started. So if its stock, I will see it.

For sure it will run on any 36v battery that can put out 22 amps continuous. In general terms, something 10 ah in size or larger. Your can change the connector if you like, but if its a round black two prong, you can get it at EBK. Same if its a red and black square housing connector. The square is called Anderson powerpole, and can be found many places.

Nice thing is this bike did not cost anything....bike shop going out of business and gave it to me....it is not a kit...this was a manufactured bike....the battery connection is unlike any i have seen.

Dogtoes said:
Nice thing is this bike did not cost anything....bike shop going out of business and gave it to me....it is not a kit...this was a manufactured bike....the battery connection is unlike any i have seen.

Must be an Area 51 battery. ;^)

Dogtoes said:
Site will not let me post pic....keep getting file size warnings

I don't know the limits, but I keep my horizontal image dimensions to 1000 pixels or less and try to keep the file size between 150kb and 100kb. All of my images appear when I do that.

Back