Alternate bbs02 switch ?

qwerkus

10 kW
Anyone tried a grip shift pas levels switch like the XH-18 with bbsXX motors ? I read somewhere that old bafang display might work with the tongsheng motor; is the other way around also true ?

Yes, XH 18. Dunno about others, but I find grip shifting for ebikes way superior to button pressing, especially in populated areas. Any other PAS compatible grip shifter out there ?

I had to look it up to see what you're talking about.

PAS shifter.jpg

Several others have wished for something similar to work with a Bafang. A crude way might be to take a regular grip shifter and remove the cable and springs, then attach a rod to the moving part that makes contact with the stock Bafang switch.

fechter said:
Several others have wished for something similar to work with a Bafang. A crude way might be to take a regular grip shifter and remove the cable and springs, then attach a rod to the moving part that makes contact with the stock Bafang switch.

I though about something similar, though I'd rather take a throttle-grip as base, since those already come with a spring and an electonic switch. I guess you'd have to add a second spring + 2 switch to add a down shift, and than wire it to the usual bafang display.

Now there is a guy in the tsdz2 thread working on a firmware hack to reprogram the controller of that motor. If he succeeds, it should be fairly easy to translate both protocols into each other (bafang <-> tongsheng), which should theoretically make it possible to mix electronic components of both brands. *eyeballing the tongsheng torque sensor*

qwerkus said:
Anyone tried a grip shift pas levels switch like the XH-18 with bbsXX motors ? I read somewhere that old bafang display might work with the tongsheng motor; is the other way around also true ?

2 resellers have indicated these are troublesome units. Both are reliable sources.

Back