Full suspension 29er commuter, with Bafang Ultra Max and rear rack !

ironhorse

100 µW
Hello everyone, and first of all, thanks for having ES and being an invaluable resource in my quest to make the ultimate commuter bike.

I have built a 29er full suspension bike, with a rear rack, and sliding rear dropouts (no chain tensioner). Plan to do around 2k-3k miles/ year.

Here are the specs
1. Luna Cycle 2500W, Bafang Ultra Max. Thanks Paxtana for the helpful responses over the past few months.
2. Triangle Battery from Em3EV. Thanks George. I got the one without the new case, to ensure it fits the triangle. Turns out triangle is large enough to accommodate the hard case.. :eek:
3. Tektro E725 Brakes and rotors from Bitrix. Thanks Roshan.
4. Rest of the stuff from Amazon
- Recon Silver RL Front Shock
- DNM Mountain Bike Air Rear Shock
- Ortlieb Panniers (red, of course)

The only issue I ran into was that the Bafang spider I got was for the wider tires (rear dropouts of 145mm or more). Hence the chainline isn't ideal - but Luna is trying to help. Fingers crossed. They have been good so far - there is a part Bafang makes and hoping that we can get one of them ordered.

This is my second ebike - first was a BBSHD + battery from Luna, on an older frame, that I moved to a 2003 SantaCruz Bullit. After around 2kmiles, I decided to get something more custom / long term.

To be done in the coming days / weeks (in no particular order)-
1. Adjusting height of the front fork / tube
2. Re-routing the brake cables internally .
3. Get the updated part from Luna.
4. Build a custom battery case / holder.
5. Rain guards.

This machine rides amazing. Happy answer questions.

View attachment 4
View attachment 3
View attachment 2
View attachment 1

Attachments

• IMG_1627.jpg
    IMG_1627.jpg
    216 KB · Views: 2,390
  • IMG_1634.jpg
    IMG_1634.jpg
    100.8 KB · Views: 2,390
  • IMG_1633.jpg
    IMG_1633.jpg
    108 KB · Views: 2,389
  • IMG_1629.jpg
    IMG_1629.jpg
    175.4 KB · Views: 2,389
  • IMG_1632.jpg
    IMG_1632.jpg
    231.2 KB · Views: 2,389
Nope. Just looks that way. 😀
The bag is wrapped around the frame - looks too tight with the rear shock but isn't.

Do you happen to have a link to that frame? I looked around Alibaba but didn't find a full suspension Ti frame.

Back