Can you help me identify this batter connector?

I have a 2017 model RadWagon by Rad Power Bikes, and I bought a BBSHD to install and remove the hub motor. I would like to use the same battery which came with the RadWagon and I would prefer to not cut the cable. Attached is a picture of the connector. What I would like to do is get a connector to go from the battery harness to an xt90. But I don't know what should be at the other end of that connector.

Anyone know what kind of connector that is? The round one in my hand.

Thanks!
xkAcmUXxFembBbcTfCQ22lx2yPTBYOqlzeW_6LLNFqdbljadQ2OWgEmMT67sRx8VCsu8JmvuVrFMxBJ4n08a_DcG5OlR6kJPxvUi16_nyzIRuBCB9NViGD9Oz04tqomIfAG60tJ2ai_zlsGK_PuUEgnDOE4JZdD3jrl_F5C_SjOn7-s-8c08z-_nTAZik1ihBaNZumUl3Yld9s6Dds88RuUr_ugt1K0fDDJmncwPjxOSJp_IWncX3ZkAVIJKI8_kxJDDORQWhrM5jPtGawBNrcIXFDa0Yuf5GBTwpHaMAaecILY29hPsbYqDKahlKCmFUNwbfPJ0y3_XHi91HR_E4l6SABRIhATkQDPvWIebcc0Kms7NSTCh_gPSrCif0wPQrFy69Qrbzr5-iujFBHlAMebcReIdPujW3FLX2vCJj74xBQSlQCg3-kmE_E1Cdo9PZv9SB5l5-HyRPlIWL71gaRhWfINSCb9H_raP3h8g5aqRcjTqM-AIZ202rhC9Fian6jDm8pOGx9yp375V4LB5P8cdgQOolvE9Q54i1zOjEyJ1KfNOeexP3RAXOzeBnXhnKNlIul0pPM9L_9J-Fov3ARPx9htbnG6zaFXmfpYLipoyo-_zMGsMaKoHW5wNb-sKXc7wTxXJ_5o71VbjBv6QCMLS99fO0o7jsg=w1098-h1464-no

Cannon plug?

http://www.batteryspace.com/Connector/Adaptor-2-pin-female-Cannon-plug-with-6-long-16AWG-wire.aspx

Raisedeyebrows said:
Cannon plug?

http://www.batteryspace.com/Connector/Adaptor-2-pin-female-Cannon-plug-with-6-long-16AWG-wire.aspx

If I was the boss of the company that developed this connector...
The employee who named it cannon plug, would have been fired. :mrgreen:

61471059-war-cannon-firing-cannonball.jpg

MadRhino said:
If I was the boss of the company that developed this connector...
The employee who named it cannon plug, would have been fired. :mrgreen:

Hmmm... I think his name was Cannon.

Seems to be a few male connector plugs on that website. Only 18G wire, but if you keep it short to the XT connector, you won't starve your BBS on voltage. Seems kind of silly going from 18G to a XT90.

Doing that would bother me. I would just take off the back of the Dolphin cradle, unscrew its two pin plug and connect a proper sized wire plus XT. Easily changed back to the original wiring if you can solder. I'd probably connect to the existing cable rather than the plug. Too easy to mess up the pins.

dolphin.jpg

Hmm, I only saw universal 2-pin male connectors, not the cannon ones. Regardless, the 18G was rather disappointing to me as well. I hadn't considered taking apart the dolphin cradle and soldering the xt90 directly to the back of those pins. I like that idea much better, and as you say, I can still solder back the old connector if I ever want to in the future.

Thanks for the great suggestion!

That's a Tuchel connector, commonly used as an audio connector. Cannon is just one of the many manufacturers of that type.

ddk said:
That's a Tuchel connector, commonly used as an audio connector. Cannon is just one of the many manufacturers of that type.

I want to start using the Rosenberger plugs in place of any XLR type connectors I have now, would like to find a source for them at a good price, never tried them but they look like something I'd like. I think the last Cannon type I had was on an old Cannon Hi-8 video camera I have buried in the garage somewhere.

some solar panels use a connector like that also, to connect the panels in a string for higher amp output .

Raisedeyebrows said:
ddk said:

I want to start using the Rosenberger plugs in place of any XLR type connectors I have now, would like to find a source for them at a good price, never tried them but they look like something I'd like. I think the last Cannon type I had was on an old Cannon Hi-8 video camera I have buried in the garage somewhere.
Raisedeyebrows said:
ddk said:

excuse me for going off topic here, but to answer (kinda) this query I will.

I'm assuming you mean the Rosenburger Power Data connector. While that connector can be had with up to a 60A rating @60V it remains a specialty connector that hasn't been widely adopted yet.
This determines price and for a specialty connector, it seems reasonably priced. But compared to the more widely used audio and data connectors the e-bike industry mainly uses, the Power Data connector system is insanely priced.
Mouser was one supplier I found via a quick search. Digikey and Luna being other sources.

I use a common audio connector for my power connections, the NL4 initialy developed by the manufacturer Neutrik.
-cost about $5 per connection, good for up to 40A DC if connections are paralleled thru the 4 connectors... rated for 30A (AC) per connection (x4). It has been adopted by most speaker and high-power amplifier manufacturers.
The big advantage to the NL4 connector is that the surfaces of the actual connectors are not exposed to inquiring fingers, connected or not.
I trust the NL4 connector in my situation where I use 30A or less controllers with my motors

Back