Suggestions for motor to fix up my bike

jonnybump

1 W
Last month I got knocked off my bike by an old man that wasn't looking where he was going. My bike came down with a crash and wrecked the motor.

I would like to fix the bike up because I enjoyed riding it, although have relocated so don't need it to do the 25 miles that it used to to get me to work...it only needs to go 7 miles.

The bike is a bit of a tank - a heavy steel EEB clone frame with 18S24Ah battery. The motor was a 9C clone that used to cope with 1500w averages and 4000w peaks. It has a 60a Chinese controller that has lasted me well.

The motor is dead - I have always fancied a powerful mid drive but my experience with the BBS02 motors has been quite poor - both cost a lot of money and failed very early on. The hub motor was a quarter of the cost but just didn't have the torque that the mid drive offered. Does anyone have any suggestions what I could replace the motor with? I like used the bike off-road and on tarmac and live in the UK so don't really want to spend a fortune on delivery costs.

Thanks
Jon

Try and find a mxus 3k and check what width hub and diameter hub you have now to see if it will lace up, you can either do this if your competent of find a local bike shop or someone on here that offers the service, I done my own if you have patients and time to work out the basics then anything is achievable.

I have an a2b metro that the rear hub cracked on so I took the route of getting a decent hub motor but it was not easy, I had to get custom torque arms laser cut, fit the hub into the frame to find it's centre line for the chain ( I ended up going single speed it meant I could shift the hub into the centre of the frame and then centre the wheel with less offset spoke's so I have a more balanced ride) then I got moped rims 1.6 front and 2.15 rear matching the hole count of the hubs I had, worked out my spoke lengths with lots of measuring and use Grins ca.spokecalc webpage sent of for motorbike gauge spoke's because the mxus uses 10 gauge, I also opened the front hub out 0.5mm to accept 12 gauge spoke's and had to use a one piece 5mm disc spacer to get my hydraulics in the hub along with steel packing washers to keep the hub centred and locked down at all times regen or power down.

_IMG_000000_000000.jpg

Back