Hub motor makes squealing noise at about 15mph

well I suppose the good news is I no longer rely on my bike for transportation anymore. I'm going to a different college and will be living in the dorm rooms so I can just walk everywhere on campus. This bike has now kind of just turned into a joyriding vehicle so stuff can break without me worrying too much.

A few weeks ago I took apart my hub motor and added ferrofluid + insulating varnish and put it back together, my hub motor now makes a squealing noise during acceleration, especially around the 15-16mph speed. Once I get up to speed the noise goes away. This is a video of my bike on it's side and you can hear the squealing sound when the hub motor is spinning up:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=14&v=iv5yqjd8wUE

It should be noted I added some lube to the axle before reinstalling everything, so I could be that the inner race of the ball bearing is spinning out on the axle as I accelerate since the axle is lubricated. Without the oil, the inner race probably just stayed in place.

Not sure what's going on here, but the bike seems to work perfectly fine. The squealing noise however is very annoying.

Back