celllog not in production anymore

miro13car

100 kW
what??
it looks like famous celllog has been discontinued
even Progressive RC lists it on its web site as "discontinued ????
Progressive RC suggest replacement for celllog which even doesnt have alarm output.

That would be a bummer! Are there any other options with LCD display? I know the LED display types, but LCD is way cooler.

Attachments

• IMG_1217.jpg
    IMG_1217.jpg
    234.4 KB · Views: 2,485
Last time I searched for some celllog for a friend, they were available only in Japan.

I have a dozen of them for a long time, and all of them still working. Some friends are using battery medic units for monitoring, some other are using small monitors for RC planes that have a loud alarm, but they don’t show all the cells at once so you have to cycle the display.

Fortunately for many uses, the cheapo versions will do. I mean that serious accuracy is not really needed if you are using your battery smart, not trying to reach 100% dod.

But I thank god I have two cellogs, if I can't replace one now. Vital for when I do want a quick and accurate reading of many 5 or 6s packs of lipo.

Banggood

Attachments

• C1C42E43-4978-4F89-BA10-4A104A22F857.jpeg
    C1C42E43-4978-4F89-BA10-4A104A22F857.jpeg
    57.9 KB · Views: 2,356
I use the BattGo BG-8S cell checker. Nice little device with a good readible colorscreen, balance functionality and quick charge usb port.
Unforunately not cheap

e7d79e42-3cfd-487e-ad49-c76f384ee957.jpg

https://www.banggood.com/ISDT-BattG...104858042&sc_uid=QRqACm7JID&cur_warehouse=UK

you all forget about alarm output, without alarm output how do you trigger HVC on charging?
that was all beauty of celllog - ALARM output which can be configured NC or Normally Open.

There are schematics of the celllog here on ES, at least of the alarm/etc sections, so you could build your own alarm section to add to a different kind of meter.

Alternately, develop a new one to have manufactured. ;)

There are some of the little LED units that do have an alarm on them (piezo buzzer) that could be used for the alarm output portion, though as a display they kinda suck, becuase they just cycle thru the cells and then the total. I don't know if any go up to 8s.

miro13car said:
you all forget about alarm output, without alarm output how do you trigger HVC on charging?
that was all beauty of celllog -
And the logging facility of the 8S is very useful for battery testing analysis.
Can we persuade Justin or someone to produce a comparable device with these basic features ?

it would be great if Justin in Vancouver start manufacturing something close to celllog.
however celllog might and I am sure it is covered by patent.

miro13car said:
and I am sure it is covered by patent.

Just looked at one of my cellLog8Ss. No patent # or "patent pending" marked on product, so unlikely it is patent protected.

major

Price point wouldnt be there for Grintech, other options out there I am sure of it whether it be Aliexpress or Alibaba, they surely knocked it off and spitting them out like crazy.

it looks like there is NOT close enough equivalent for celllog from China right now on the market.
alarm output is very important
all beauty of celllog is that it can trigger HVC and LVC

miro13car said:
alarm output is very important
all beauty of celllog is that it can trigger HVC and LVC
can still find some for sale:
I'm surprised that after several questions, no one informed me about the existence of isdt bc-8s,
I have to thank jonyjoe303 that have informed about it in the forum: This is another monitor isdt bc-8s that also has a overvoltage alarm. This one will alarm on li-ion and also lifepo4, over voltage setting programmable.

CHARGERY BM16, (Negative for me): choose model: lipo or liifepo4, if in the future I take a li-ion battery, the lifepo4 will not go.
So maybe I'll buy 2 or 3 isdt bc-8s,
oo I can charge the 48v 16s lifepo4 battery at 80-95% without bms with more security (with the power supply).
isdt bc-8s.jpg

dont forget the dvm-8s
pretty much a clone of celllog but slightly bigger screen, also has backlight

bvm 8s cell log clone.jpg

whatever said:
dont forget the dvm-8s

Do you confirm that also have the overvoltage alarm for every 8s? (From what I've seen, it looks like it.).

whatever said:
dont forget the dvm-8s
BVM right? not DVM
https://www.rcecho.com/RC-Model-BVM-8S-1-8-Cell-Battery-Voltage-Meter-LiPo-LiFe-NiCd-NiMH-BK200.html

whatever said:
dont forget the dvm-8s

dvm-8s does not have alarm output so no clone at all

Assuning that this version is otherwise identical in operation to the old one, but just doesn't have the alarm circuitry, then:

If someone that has this version is willing to open it up and create a circuit diagram and components list, it could be compared to existing documentation of the original Celllog that did have an alarm circuit.

If it is otherwise the same, but simply missing the wiring and components for the alarm, then if also willing, the same someone could verify that the output pin on the main chip responsible for the alarm signal does or does not still output the signal at the alarm point.

miro13car said:
whatever said:
dont forget the dvm-8s

dvm-8s does not have alarm output so no clone at all

I am pretty sure there is no such "DVM" model, that it was just a typo causing all this confusion.

The model I linked to does have an alarm circuit.

This should be the same unit, from a seller with a great rep: https://www.buddyrc.com/products/aok-bvm-8s-battery-meter

The original cell-log had something that is pretty rare among the others: it is a survivor. I have a dozen, for a dozen years. All of them still working after numerous soaking, freezing, crashing... I can’t count how much money I would have saved, if controllers were as durable as a cell-log 8s.

Back