How much do you think my battery is worth??

djbrandonr

10 mW
basically new 10s6p 30Q 40amp BMS or you could bypass...

long story short... I started my E journey with an eboard first then got the idea to build an ebike to do deliveries in manhattan as a side job. So def not a performance bike but as stated a delivery bike. Now before I knew anything about batteries everyone on the board forum raved about the 30Q based on output and capacity and I dont disagree but had i know about the PF cell then, and its reasonable cost to capacity..and only needing 30-40amps max for my budget build I would have bought them first AND am using them now with same range and performance.

That being said... i initially bought a V1 vruzend kit going the full DIY route... but i got shit range out of it and tried trouble shooting the issue here.... needless to say I got tired of poking and prodding that i just bit the bullet and had a reputable battery builder in NYC spot weld everything to put speculation to rest. Amazingly after that the expected range from a 30Q was unlocked and I was on my way (which PFs were already in the mail anyways from nkon). So i assume it was a resistance issue on the vruzend kit and the PFs arrived shortly after to which i built another brick.

So with that said... im interested in letting this go Im just not sure how to price it... nor if it will be worth it...or if i should just rip it apart for another future eboard pack.

would love to hear what you pricing thoughts are... practically new as mentioned once again.

thanks

Attachments

• 0609181209a_HDR.jpeg
    0609181209a_HDR.jpeg
    113.7 KB · Views: 612
  • 0609181210_HDR.jpeg
    0609181210_HDR.jpeg
    103.1 KB · Views: 612
  • 0609181210a_HDR.jpeg
    0609181210a_HDR.jpeg
    140.1 KB · Views: 612
  • 0609181209_HDR.jpeg
    0609181209_HDR.jpeg
    142.8 KB · Views: 612
I would hazard a guess around 300USD? Could be wrong, probably am.

My reasoning, whatever an off the shelf pack of similar specs is worth, minus probably $50-$100 given its been used and has no warranty support.

Don't see many packs built with those cells in that config through. Most people running 36v are only pulling 35A max (usually closer to 20A) so no need for such high drain cells.

lionman said:
I would hazard a guess around 300USD? Could be wrong, probably am.

My reasoning, whatever an off the shelf pack of similar specs is worth, minus probably $50-$100 given its been used and has no warranty support.

Don't see many packs built with those cells in that config through. Most people running 36v are only pulling 35A max (usually closer to 20A) so no need for such high drain cells.

Of course, the reality is that it is worth what you can get someone to pay for it. Everything else is just a good guess at best.

I think a good price on new 18650 based batteries with BMS is about 2 Wh per dollar spent. So based soley on capacity, I'd price that at retail at about $333. For me, I expect a discount of at least 25% of retail for most things I buy used. I prefer half off retail. So I'd be looking at paying about $250 for the battery. OTOH, that pack has is compact for its amount of storage and can deliver high amps. So that might bump it up a bit higher than a typical "per Wh" price.

Another way to look at is is that I can buy those 18650s new for $4.25 each or $255. But, of course, they aren't assembled. So a prospective buyer might look at the discount for buying used as getting the assembly and configuration at no charge and paying the full price per cell, or about $255. So both ways I'd look at it puts me in that $250 ballpark.

But for the right buyer who needs a compact but powerful battery, you might get a bit of a premium above what what I'm suggesting. If you sell locally and save everyone the price and hassle of shipping, Maybe you can charge a tad more. I see $300 as being a best case (for you) upper limit price. I see $200 as being a very good deal for a potential buyer.

Well you asked, used batteries are worth zero dollars. At most, salvage battery price.

Prove it has capacity at a 20 amps discharge rate, then its worth something.

dogman dan said:
Well you asked, used batteries are worth zero dollars. At most, salvage battery price.

Prove it has capacity at a 20 amps discharge rate, then its worth something.

I like it.
He should be happy if you take it from him for free.

Yeah, there's a reason why a brand new Nissan Leaf pack with warranty here is worth about $15k, but a used one from a trusted seller is worth $2.5-3k.

From an unknown seller, I think you'd find it hard to sell it except at very low prices. If your eBay rep is pretty good you might still get a decent price for it.

Back