Add BMS to 12s Lipo

jase1979

10 mW
Hi,

I have two mulitstar 6s bricks connected in serial. I bulk charge in serial. I would like to add a BMS like the one in the link

98293_high_2__3.jpg

How would I use my bulk charger with two of these BMS? Could I just plug each of the balance leads from each battery into each of the BMSs and connect the bulk charger in serial to the BMSs?

Thanks in advance

Hi, I am looking to do the same thing only I would like to run (3) 5s2p power tool batteries in a series to make one 15s2p battery. I am not sure if it can be done for my application, however I did find this tutorial on a skateboard site and perhaps it will be helpful for you.

https://www.electric-skateboard.builders/t/connecting-a-bms-quick-guide-how-to/6122

The problem is if one BMS trips, the voltage from all the packs will be across the FETs so may exceed the ratings and smoke. It would be better to use a single BMS made for 12s.

The other way is to place a really large diode reverse biased across the output of each brick so if one trips, the voltage will only be one brick's worth.

Back