new 52 volt battery. after 1st charge reading 27. it won't charge

Clubserg

1 mW
hello I have a new ebikling 1200 watt motor and a 52 volt 20 amp unit pack power and it had full charge when they sent it.... so I test rode the bike and drew down the battery and then I charged it last night..ithe led 2 light was red and the fan was working for at least 4 hrs before I went to bed .... i. woke up and the green light was on so I went to install back on bike and controller and it turns the screen on for a sec then it dies . no power. so. I tested battery with tester on 2 v position and it reads 27. amp.s??????? so when I put it back on charger it doesn't charge it the light on thge charger stays green. indication of full charge. ahhhhhgggggghhh. . please help. I am sending good vibes to anyone who reads or helps. thanks for you time. ps I checked the connects it's good. ps. ok one more thing. when I test battery after putting on charger briefly it shows 57. so o. then I hook it up. when I hook up the. Sparking. Anti spark xt90 connector. it sparks. then I turn on and it the control screen fade out right away. so then I test battery and it shoe 27. is that the bus protection??????? I have all the wires hooked up correctly. maybe I'll do it again. unplug all wires and hook back up. ......update. so. I tried the steps over trying different things. so. I hooked up battery and waited 2 or 3 min them turned it on and it stays on. so. I'm not sure if I fixed it buy I know how yo get it on. so when I charge it next time. I will let you know what happens. . anyone know why it would cut off right away. and then not start untill i hook back io to charger then hoom uo wait 2 min then tuen on. stays on. so im gong for a ride. is it to much power fully charged ?

Ebikeling controller with SW900 LCD? The LCD setup only goes to 48V so I wonder if there isn't some overvoltage problem that's at work. I got one of these controllers, and it's crap so I took it off and have it on the bench. Maybe I'll throw a 52V battery on it and see if it powers up.

Here's another thing to think about. When I use a 52V battery with my bike, the bike controller still thinks it's 48V snad will run it down to 43-44 V. Then my Luna 52V smart charger thinls that is too low and won't start. I have to bring it up with a 48V charger for a few volts before the Luna Charger will work. So try not to run it down to empty if your controller can't change the low voltage cutoff to mach the battery.

27amps? Do you mean 27V?

If the pack is showing 27V i wouldn't be trying to charge it or use it. Its dead. Contact the supplier.

Back