Bike is getting hot

999zip999

100 TW
I'm using the edge aluminum core 1500 watt motor at 80 volts 50 amp and I have to sit. Because of the rule of JohnCR I've used my heat detecting sensor located in my right hand and the motor is too hot. Luckily I had to empty cans of beer and a shady spot I put the empty 2 cans of beer on the motor as a heat sink. I'm sitting here in the great unknown looking and hoping for a rattlesnake not a bad meal if you get the skin off.

Statorade!

maybe wedge some foil wrapped spuds between the spokes and you can stop for a baked potato and a beer at the same time.

Hehe... "the motor is too hot"... Suspect "sucking too much juice"... ;) NOT a ("typical" "urban" "commute")?
AKA... "over the top"? :mrgreen:

After spending so much money and work on it...
Some find it hot, some find it cool.
I don’t care.
I just ride, until I freeze, or the bike fries. :twisted:

Hehe...
Because of the rule of JohnCR I've used my heat detecting sensor located in my right hand and the motor is too hot.

... Whereas MY "problem", living on a boat and leaving my scoot parked in the snow was the batteries getting "too cold".

Either way, batts getting "too hot" or "too cold" NOT good for chemistries... Hence the recent interest in thermal imaging...:
https://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=95374

:)

Back