Understanding Pedal Power

markz

100 TW
An old article from 1986

https://ocw.mit.edu/courses/edgerton-center/ec-711-d-lab-energy-spring-2011/intro-energy-basics-human-power/lab-1-human-power-homework/MITEC_711S11_lab1_pedal.pdf

I don't need to understand pedal power any more than I already do. Food as an energy source is far more expensive in all ways than electricity, and electric motors are far more efficient than muscle power. That means pedal power is only truly useful as a backup for low powered electrics in the event of some type of shortage or breakdown.

True John and for disabled people and elders etc its a great piece of tech to get out on but i like to keep my body's battery fit too so in the event of that grid supply failing I'm not a vegetable for the sake of not keeping active.

My ebike can get around 10 miles from a 350wh pack alone getting its shift on but when I chip in that can be as much as 35miles and my tank still ain't empty I rode 40 miles on a mountain bike to the sea and back just the other day, keep fit guys and don't be a SLACKER lol.

Back