Stealth knockoff

tajanator

1 mW
Hey guys,
I'm new to the forum, so sorry if this has been posted before.

I live in Australia and I wanted to build a stealth B-52 style bike, has anyone else built their own one? How much did it cost in total and how fast does it go?

Cheers.

Many have done so. Heaps of builds here... and if you are going to build a bike you are going to need to spend a lot of time reading these forums.

You can build a much better bike than a stealth though... something with good moto rims and tires and at least double the power of a stealth.

tajanator said:
Hey guys,

I live in Australia and I wanted to build a stealth B-52 style bike, has anyone else built their own one? How much did it cost in total and how fast does it go?

Cheers.

Hey man, look up the FUTR Alpha or Beta build by stealth and is the DIY version.

I'm building a Beta at moment around 5500W and iv spent over 6k LOL (then again i'm running best of everything brand new no hand me downs)

Yo guys
So I wanted to build a DIY Chinese stealth clone as many have done here, but I've heard horror stories about frames being shitty quality and breaking, are these true? The seller in question is here:

https://www.alibaba.com/product-detail/enduro-stealth-bomber-electric-bike-1500w_60775122872.html?spm=a2700.8443308.0.0.41bf3e5fnZRt1K

They said they could leave out the controller, motor and battery for 1400 USD including express shipping. I would then buy those parts from within Australia. What do you guys think?

Thanks in advance.

I wouldnt even bother man, seriously!
For that kind of money, buy a normal bicycle either used or new from a brand name manufacturer then you know its great quality and will last a long time. Why bother having an ebike look like a motorcycle.
You can buy a really great bicycle used for a great price and spend more money on the motor and controller and battery.

Go to pinkbike.com in the buy/sell section and buy a quality used bicycle!

or go to your local bicycle store and buy, even take it for a test drive, get a custom fitting, great service, local.

Think about this, brand name bicycles have engineers design and build their bicycles and them brand name bicycle companies spend loads of money on everything they do, research, testing. What do the Chinese Clone companies do, well they just want your cash and nothing else.

Thats pretty cheap depending on how much shipping is. If you were to build one of these bikes it would cost $2k all day long even if you use all the worst parts.

Are you saying theyre taking $1400 off or charging you $1400 with no electronics?

They're charging 1400 with no electronics, I'd then spend like 700 bucks on a motor and battery ect

700 Thats not much money for electronics, i feel like the deal is better as a complete package but i dont know what components are being included. Also are you getting the rest of the rear wheel or nothing? I wonder how much of that 1400 is shipping?

Also how much does the front fork retail for. These are all the things id check

A good battery is $400 minimum
A good controller $150 ish
Leaving not much for a motor $150

At the end you get what you pay for. When you buy cheap stuff and build on a cheap budget, you end up with a cheap unreliable bike.

There are only two good ways. Define your requirements and spend the money to buy what is good to succeed, or define your budget and lower your requirements to make it possible to build a good bike with the money that you have.

There are alot of bike snobs on this forum, take advise with a grain of salt. You can spend thousands

There are also tons of people with “cheap” clone bike builds that really love and enjoy riding thier bikes. Yes im sure they dont handle as good as a downhill bike on steroids, but this is a EV forum everyones needs are different.

Building your own bike wether it be a ebike frame or not gives you a feeling of acomplishment and also teaches you how they operate and helps you maintain them. Nevermind making it your own with personally selected parts of your choosing.

My Vector bike cost about $2k total and im very happy with it, could i have saved 10lbs by building a $5k downhill bike setup? Perhaps. Which bike looks better? Who knows, depends who you ask.

I would buy a frame from FUTR or Vector and build it up yourself, but if you have no time or desire to do so then that clone bike may be a good option. You can hand select your own parts if you build it yourself but just remember power and speed cost money!

I'm Currently building a FUTR Beta, Iv Probably spend more then commercial one but i have bought all best parts, you could go cheap and get a donner bike put all parts on there, but i thought if i want to do it right and i want to go quickly i want all new stuff.

Another reason i went with FUTR was that it was Australian built and quality of Australian built stuff is pretty good (i think :) ) , Probably our steel their using in China anyway.

Correct you can go as cheap as you like and have heaps fun, it's really up to you how you spend your money at end of the day if you're having fun who cares how much it cost etc.

Cheers

tajanator said:
Hey guys,

Cheers.

Cool man, I'm building my first e-bike super excited, I can't give you any advice, but best of luck hope it works out for you and I hope you post your build progress on here.

Back