Samson eBikes in Moorpark, California

LockH

1 PW
Ummm.. Started out in Victoria BC Canada, then sta
Hehe... ESB "Search found 3 matches: Samson eBikes"... but not THIS Sampson... :)

samson-ebikes-logo_720x_5f2e0eba-e13b-4ddb-814e-2ab54da6c473_720x.png

(Wiki:)
Moorpark is a city in Ventura County in Southern California. The population was 34,421 at the 2010 census, up from 31,415 at the 2000 census.
... and:
Ventura County is a county in the southern part of the U.S. state of California. As of the 2010 census, the population was 823,318. The largest city is Oxnard, and the county seat is the city of Ventura.

Ventura County comprises the Oxnard-Thousand Oaks-Ventura, CA Metropolitan Statistical Area, which is also included in the Los Angeles-Long Beach, CA Combined Statistical Area. It is also considered the southernmost county along the California Central Coast.

... w/a website:
https://samsonebikes.com/

... where they have lots of electrics... including these:

1Capture_One_Catalog0270_2048x.jpg

Where they note:
Samson Electric Bikes Are Developed With Cops For Cops
Our Goal Is To Help You Cover More Distance, Faster With Less Effort Increase Community Outreach and Public Contact.

... and:
BENEFITS OF ELECTRIC BICYCLES IN POLICING

INCREASE OFFICER SAFETY
a. Less fatigue upon arrival to calls/less pedaling
b. Stealth approach
c. Faster back up in dense/high traffic areas
DECREASE RESPONSE TIMES
a. ride through traffic
b. On sidewalks
c. Through alleys
d. Through narrow passages
e. within high pedestrian zones
REDUCE INJURIES
a. Less stress on the body
b. Easier to ride with all officer safety gear
c. Fun to ride
ENHANCE PATROL COVERAGE
a. Parking structures
b. Off - highway (dirt/back roads)
c. Bike paths
d. Parking enforcement
e. Large events - concerts, parades, parking lots
ENVIRONMENTALLY FRIENDLY
a. No emissions
b. Possible grant opportunities
c. Positive public relations
d. Could help meet city government
requirements to reduce fleet size with
less emissions
POSITIVE COMMUNITY RELATIONS
a. Officers are more approachable
b. Conversation starter with the public
c. Green/ Environmentally friendly
d. Great for community events
NO PEDALING POLICING - ELECTRIC VS PEDAL
a. No fatigue
b. Larger area of coverage
c. Faster response
d. No sore muscles
e. Less down time - more field time

Wonder if they'll export to "civilians". :mrgreen:

Aren’t the rules something like as long as you don’t claim to be a police officer you’re clear to wear and drive whatever?In that case, I’ll take two of those bikes!!

^^ Hehe... Thinking watt a bike labeled "POLICE" might be less likely to be taken. (Spoken from Toronto, the "bike theft capital of the world".) :mrgreen:

Only a matter of time before we see a California police chase involving all electric bikes... You'd think they'd make some crazy 5kw ebike to outrun the other ebikers...but no... I can also see police having some good fun on these for non work related activities....videos to come.

Hehe... "You'd think they'd make some crazy 5kw ebike to outrun the other ebikers"... Haven't seen the Super-Duper (TM) ES Mods? :mrgreen:

Yep. Many of us would laugh at a 5kw police bike. I won’t, because I am polite, but a big cop with equipment would need 30kw and big balls to keep in my tail.

Then, I agree that police on ebikes will be very efficient because they can approach quick and silent, free to speed in traffic zones. Here we had 2 testing Segway, and they were very productive distributing 135$ beer or piss tickets in the parks. :mrgreen:

Back