ebay seller aaccessories - C$239.90 w/ free s/h for 1kw Front Fat Kit

markz

100 TW
I purchased this item, so when I get it, I will do a review and snap some pictures of it.

https://www.ebay.ca/itm/48V-1000W-26-Front-Wheel-Electric-Bicycle-E-Bike-Conversion-Kit-for-Fat-Tire/391993704915?_trkparms=aid%3D555018%26algo%3DPL.SIM%26ao%3D2%26asc%3D40972%26meid%3D3f0c635be3a643e28c075fef953477fc%26pid%3D100005%26rk%3D1%26rkt%3D12%26sd%3D392071505754%26itm%3D391993704915&_trksid=p2047675.c100005.m1851

5 available / 13 sold

Search found nothing about the seller here on E.S.
aaccessories (74376 )
98.8% Positive feedback

They, aaccessories, only have 4 ebike products
2 batteries, 26" front fat kit, 20" front fat kit

48V 1000W 26" Front Wheel Electric Bicycle E-Bike Conversion Kit for Fat Tire
C $239.90
Motor Specifications: 48v / 1000w / 470rpm
470 / 48 = 9.8Kv maybe a 5 or 6T judging solely on the kv of other motors.

Item location:
Mississauga, Ontario, Canada

S/H alone would be expensive, but its free! I think this is a great deal for anyone out there, even if you dont want fat wheel, just buy a cheap rim and get spokes custom cut and youtube how to lace a motor, its pretty easy.

I marked it up, striked out useless info and highlited stuff worth noting.

Description

Features:

Powerful 1000W 48V brushless hub motor [strike]that allows up to 45 KM/H top speed[/strike]
The kit includes motorized wheel (not inculdes the tire), motor controller, speed throttle, power break lever, wire harness, Pedal assist sensor
Drive system has no moving chains or gears, no friction, more efficient, less chance to break!
Brake shuts off motor automatically, saves energy, improves safety!
Thumb throttle with 3 LEDs indicator lights

Specifications:

Motor Specifications: 48v / 1000w / 470rpm

[strike]High Motor Efficiency: >80%[/strike]
Motor Diameter: 245mm
The Motor Dropout Spacing is 135mm
Brushless Front Hub Motor mounted 26" fat tire single wall aluminum rim
Gross Weight: 23 4/5lbs

The Rim: width 3 1/4" (8.3cm)
The Tire: width 4" (Not Inculdes the Tire)
Applicable Bike: Fat Tire Electric Bike (Not Suitable for Other Bike)
Applicable Tire: 26'' x 4''
Hub size:22-1/2''

Package Contents:

1x Powerful 1000W 48V brushless hub motor
1x 26" front wheel (the whole wheel without tire!)

1x Electric controller
2x Brake pullers
1x Speed throttles
[strike] 2x Handlebar grips[/strike]
1x PAS
[strike] 1x Lead Acid Battery Charger[/strike]
[strike] 1x Battery carrying bag
1x Rope (color will pick at random)
1set Widing pipe/Cable tie
1x Manual[/strike]

Kindly Notice:

[strike] Rubber connecting harness (color will pick at random)
Battery not included
The charger only for lead-acid battery
[/strike]

We do everything we can to ship your orders out as soon as possible. Your satisfaction is our priority! Orders are shipped out on 1 business day. All of our products are stored in and shipped from our 3 different warehouses in the US.

We do not ship to FPO, APO or PO Box addresses.

Canada Shipping:

We offer DHL Express service to Canada. It only takes 2 days for delivery. And our shipping charge is including International Duties, Taxes and any other Fees.

We may ship each product separately from different warehouses for expedited delivery as we utilize alternative warehouses across the Continental United States. Fast delivery guaranteed!

Hmmmmmmm so this could be YESCOMUSA or something. Interesting! So when it comes to Customs and Duties its hit or miss if us Canucks pay or not. I ordered something from Hobbyking usa warehouse and got stung hard by FedEx Ground shipping.

I havent decided what I want to do, but I wanted a fat front for winter riding, plus it was cheap and I will probably resell it.
But before I do, I will open it up and see whats inside and give it a test drive on its own and 2wd.

Note Purchase is today - Friday August 17, noon MST.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

For what its worth

Yescomusa has the same pictures, same info like 45kph, 1-3 days DHL shipping etc. But Yescomusa used to never ship to Canada, now their website says they can.
https://www.yescomusa.com/products/26-electric-bicycle-motor-front-wheel-fat-tire-kit-48v-1000w
as aacessories
https://www.ebay.ca/itm/48V-1000W-26-Front-Wheel-Electric-Bicycle-E-Bike-Conversion-Kit-for-Fat-Tire/391993704915?_trkparms=aid%3D555018%26algo%3DPL.SIM%26ao%3D2%26asc%3D40972%26meid%3D3f0c635be3a643e28c075fef953477fc%26pid%3D100005%26rk%3D1%26rkt%3D12%26sd%3D392071505754%26itm%3D391993704915&_trksid=p2047675.c100005.m1851

Sticker on rim states
Alloy Rims Samson
Champion

12G spokes

Search reveals
http://jh-samson.com/en/detail_495.html
The Rim!?!?!?! - http://jh-samson.com/en/detail_DS60.html

Random Search Engine search
Picture - http://prod.ebayimages.npsstore.com.s3.amazonaws.com/5cc5e1f9e6cc1b624f83e5fafd992a8c.jpg

ES Search
https://endless-sphere.com/forums/search.php?keywords=samson

How wide is the actual stator, and magnets?

Curious, because the wider they are, the more torque it *could* generate for a given current.

If you can get pics of the insides of the motor, it'd be nice. :)

If I could find someone local to buy some of the "spare" crap I have around here it'd be interesting to try this out on the front of SB Cruiser (I have a fatbike fork I could use it in).

amberwolf said:
How wide is the actual stator, and magnets?

I will open up the motor and controller tomorrow.

I got no use for this, wont fit behind the Strong GTS bike but the 20" just might of, as the rear dropout is like 160mm which I've always squeeze bolted them in. Winters coming so someone local will want it.

Strong GTS wheel width comparison.jpg

markz said:
I got no use for this, wont fit behind the Strong GTS bike but the 20" just might of, as the rear dropout is like 160mm which I've always squeeze bolted them in. Winters coming so someone local will want it.

Of the fat bikes I've seen down here I always thought the 20" fatties looked my cooler. Plus any hubbie loves being in a wheel closer to 20" in diameter compared to a wheel well over 26", and the performance difference is not subtle. A fat 20 hubbie for about 200 bucks hard for me not to give a try.

My friend has a similar kit for his MTB (non-fat) and it is excellent value!

Drives effortless to 30mph (throttle only) and the combination of the hubmotor and normal pedaling just makes you fly away like nothing else!

30mph is really as fast as you want/need to go on a bicycle.

Yup it was a real great steal of a deal considering it was free s/h which any of the others I saw from other sellers were $125 for s/h.
It'd be easy to relace into a 36H mtb rim and grab some custom length spokes.

Lams are 27mm thick
Single Winding 0.50mm
8 Wires going to a segment
Writing on lams is either 6 16 or 91 9
Steel Stator
46 magnets

View attachment 1
boxz2.jpg

Thanks for the pics. :)

markz said:
Lams are 27mm thick
Single Winding 0.50mm
8 Wires going to a segment
Writing on lams is either 6 16 or 91 9
Steel Stator
46 magnets
So with those specs and the pics, it's basically equivalent to a generic 27xx "500w" ;) hubmotor.

It still seems like a really good deal, just becuase of the free shipping.

However, it can ONLY be ordered if you're in Canada, despite this info in the item description:
All of our products are stored in and shipped from our 3 different warehouses in the US.
and that the only exclusions don't exclude any part of the USA.

Just for curiosity's sake, I clicked the Buy Now button, but it said that it couldn't ship to the address selected. There wasn't an address selected, however, so it must be the address I have in my ebay preferences.

So I thought I'd ask the seller a question, if it could be shipped to the USA (since it comes from a USA warehouse), but there is no way to actually contact the seller. Using any means at all via ebay, it simply comes back with a message that the seller couldn't answer my question, and won't give me access to the contact form. :/

AFAICT, this is the same seller as xcceries on ebay.com (vs ebay.ca), who has the same kit here
https://www.ebay.com/itm/48V-1000W-Front-Fat-Tire-Electric-Bike-eBike-Conversion-Kit-26-3-1-4-Width-Rim/232107516940?hash=item360aafa40c:g:ez4AAOSwvApaCf05
with AFAICT teh same exact descriptions, and free shipping. But the cost, in USD, is higher than that of the one you've got at the start of this thread, by about $30. (about $210 USD)

FWIW, there's also a 20" version here
https://www.ebay.com/itm/48V-1000W-20-Front-Wheel-Electric-Bicycle-Motor-Conversion-Kit-for-Fat-Tire/232043038494?epid=1840702286&hash=item3606d7c71e:g:WXAAAOSwZtlaA0Z1
for just under $200 USD.

These would be a 9 Continent clone then.

I like how they kinda but not really have the same name xcceries/aaccessories which I bet is the ebay arm of yescomusa.
My guess is they had the American xcceries name first, then tried to have it very similar for their "Canadian Branch" and I know that the Yescomusa website never shipped to Canada.

500W is for my teenagers!

markz said:
500W is for my teenagers!

Based on the various experiences posted here, that motor can be run in the 1000 watt range quite safely. Given non-summer temperatures, and some added cooling, they run fine in the 1500-2000 watt range. The motor looks to be pretty much the same as what I'm running. I find it to be a perfectly fine motor for a commuter bicycle ridden 30 mph and below.

I know last year they stopped selling their hub motor kits, I was lucking to snag a fat front hub for cheap, but then had to lace it in a rim, which still came out at a reasonable price.

Now when I go and look at aaccessories ebay store, they are not around anymore.
I am 99.9% sure I got the spelling right.

In the US, it's xcceries and where I got my 48V, 1000w system about five years ago. They seem to have other "companies" that sell the same systems from the same general area (allinone for example) and are still selling their motors on ebay here.

markz said:
I know last year they stopped selling their hub motor kits, I was lucking to snag a fat front hub for cheap, but then had to lace it in a rim, which still came out at a reasonable price.

Credit to you. I would have taken the lazy way out and found myself a fat fork.

Miro - It was the last one I burnt the windings on.

It was a fat hub motor but also in a 20" rim, I put it on the fat Costco fat bike which will end up getting the Cyclone 4000W mid drive I already have, when I get off my lazy ass and order a new crank for it. Lots of time on my hands these days, I wish I had a full shop setup, do some woodworking or metal work, some welding.... or even a 3D printer to mess around with. Gotta find things to do for the next few weeks and hopefully the virus will flatten out on the curve, whatever that means.

markz said:
https://www.ebay.com/str/xcceriesstore/Electric-Bicycles/_i.html?_storecat=2087106017

Back