Delfast electric bikes enters full production

LockH

1 PW
Ummm.. Started out in Victoria BC Canada, then sta
Hehe... Speaking of Delfast...:
https://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=57933&start=6625#p1405496

Delfast electric bikes set world record for range and enter full production:
https://electrek.co/2018/08/22/delf...d-record-for-range-and-enter-full-production/

Includes:
Delfast Bikes, a Ukranian-based electric bicycle company, began their e-bike aspirations as a Kickstarter campaign just over a year ago, raising the initial funding necessary for the manufacturing of a first run of e-bikes in a single day.

Now, Delfast’s head of communications Dima Buhanevyc is announcing that the first run of e-bikes has been delivered to the Kickstarter backers and that the company is going into full production of their two most popular models, the Prime and Top.

The Prime is the longer range model and features a 48V 64Ah battery with a total capacity of over 3 kWh.

... and:
Neither of these e-bikes come cheap, with the Prime priced at $6,000 and the Top at $7,000. But that does include free worldwide shipping, so at least there’s that.
:)

... AND:
And while the Top certainly looks like a fun and capable ride, at $7,000, it is around twice the cost of a Sur Ron electric bike/motorcycle/monster. If you don’t need to go quite as fast or far, the Sur Ron will get you there for a lot less cash.
:mrgreen:

Hehe... ES thread Sur-Ron - New Mid drive Bike started August a year ago:
https://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=89902

... AND notes:
Lastly, I think it’s important to touch on the range issue. It’s true that the Delfast Prime set the world record with a 228 mile run on a single charge. But what isn’t quite as apparent until you start digging for details and whip out your calculator is that it did it at around 13 mph, taking 17 hours to complete the run.
:lol:

$7kusd :shock:

Fudge factor: Flat ground, midget rider, steady state, no stop and go, no wind.

The Prime is the longer range model and features a 48V 64Ah battery with a total capacity of over 3 kWh.

That massive (by electric bicycle standards) battery is what allowed it to set the new 367 km (228 mi) record for the longest distance traveled by an electric bicycle on a single charge. Of course the average speed of 21.5 km/h (13.5 mph) during the record attempt certainly helped.

With such a large battery, even with the included high power 700 W charger, the charge time will still top 6 hours for a full charge.

Lets see what we can build DIY style, of course we'd need a similar style motorcycle looking frame.

EEB Full Suspension Ebike Frame Package - $5k with 52V 21Ah worth $700 (x3), $350 Satiator, CA3-DPS, Cycle Analyst Ebike Computer $130, cont, laced mac 12t, dm24 rim, 13g ---- + everything else on his EEB list ----------- EM3EV

I usually do 30 miles using 3kw/h
I think I’d fall asleep doing 50

Bah! There are bikes for all kind of riders, even the masochists who like to spend 17 hours on a saddle. :roll:

Back