My ride

steven7601

10 W
Finally finished my bike. It has the 120 volt version power velocity controller. 30ah of lipo batteries in a 24s configuration for a 100volts fresh of the charger. I have a built in chargery BMS system with a screen built into the frame so I can keep an eye on my batteries at all times. The top speed is around 65mph. And if I cruise around 30 to 40 mph I can get around 35 to 40 miles on a charge. This has been a long tough and frustrating road to get it to this point but it is totally worth it.

Attachments

• 1121171658b-360x640.jpg
    1121171658b-360x640.jpg
    44.1 KB · Views: 1,178
  • 1121171658a-360x640.jpg
    1121171658a-360x640.jpg
    53.2 KB · Views: 1,178
  • 1121171659-360x640.jpg
    1121171659-360x640.jpg
    39.1 KB · Views: 1,178
as long as you fake pedal everything is OK.
Unfortunately PEDEGO opened retail shop in Calgary, but fortunately their ebikes are expensive.

I won't comment on the speed and legality aspects. That's between you, the cops and the other users of the road to deal with. But it sure looks like you did a really nice job on the bike itself. And I'm sure 60 mph is a blast on that thing. So congratulations on that.

I'm not sure how heavy your bike is, but mine is over 60 lbs and I've already broken one kickstand that looks just like the one you have. I love this kickstand, but it just isn't strong enough to deal with 60+ pounds. The more expensive Pletscher version might be stronger, but I'm not sure. Here's another one I'm considering.

https://www.amazon.com/URSUS-Jumbo-Double-Leg-Kickstand/dp/B00D1T90XK

miro13car said:
as long as you fake pedal everything is OK.
Unfortunately PEDEGO opened retail shop in Calgary, but fortunately their ebikes are expensive.

All store bought ebikes are expensive.
Pedego is in Eau Claire Market, I eyeballed their stock as I walked out, nothing special.

Fake Pedaling :lol: I havent had a chain on my bike for awhile now, and yes I have faked pedaled on the rare occasion.

proliferation of ebikes in Calgary is a bad news and PEDEGO is going to sell hundreds.
are PEDEGO mostly "pedal first" PAS ebikes?

You're right. I actually broke the kickstand it's in that picture I'm in the process of looking for another option I looked at the one that you posted it's not long enough but thanks anyway I'm thinking about maybe modifying a motorcycle kickstand

steven7601 said:
You're right. I actually broke the kickstand it's in that picture I'm in the process of looking for another option I looked at the one that you posted it's not long enough but thanks anyway I'm thinking about maybe modifying a motorcycle kickstand

I think the kickstand you had was a knock-off of the Pletscher dual leg kickstand. The Pletscher (not the one I linked to) is probably better, but I've seen a video review and noticed that theirs had a sticker that said 25kg max (about 55 lbs). So is is probably stronger, but probably still marginal.

I like your idea about using a motorcycle kickstand. I'd rather have my kickstand be overly robust than marginal.

[youtube]wn7L4c_nBTg[/youtube]

999zip999 said:
How much. ? $

The Pletscher is about $45. Kinda pricey for a kickstand. The Massload double like the OP and I have is half that price. But it is destined to fail with a heavy bike. Its a real shame because I'm pretty sure it could be made a LOT more durable if it had a more robust casting. I gotta figure it would add very little to the cost.

So how did the combination of PowerVelocity controller + Chargery BMS24 work out?

One thing I'm concerned with is the 100V limit of the PV controller. You seem to be very close to that.
  • Any issues with the combination?
  • I may have missed this, but what charger do you use with this setup?
  • Also, do you charge your cells to the full 4.2V? Or do you limit things to 4.1V?

Michael

Back