Ebike battery help please

noratrace

10 mW
I had focus jarifa.the motor packed up (impulse 2 motor ). So I brought another Ebike which is a hiabike yamaha 36v 11ah .4.0 fullsevern lt. My focus battery is 36v 17ah and still in very good condition. So I want to connect it to my hiabike
.hiabike has 3 terminals at the battery socket one should be positive one negative and third i don't know. My focus battery has 4 cables running from battery 1 thick red positive cable. 1 thick black negative. Then white skinny cable. And a brown skinny cable .not sure how to connect help needed please

Need to join focus wires too hiabike terminal socket.(3 prongs) (Where battery connects) in the second picture

My hiabike is yamaha and is only couple months old so I carnt do to much damage cus of warrantee /garantee.but hiabike battery is only 36v 11ah. And my jarifa focus battery is 36v 17ah in good condition

The part that is white is hard glue holding cables in at bottom of battery .the other end of cable plugs into the first picture

Somewhere I read online that the three prongs socket on hiabike. is red wire positive .Black goes nagative and the third (prong )wire is grey

Really Sorry everybody about the cables mix up when I opened the battery up more .I just found all those wires..It looks like the thin white and thin brown cable is a diy job (first picture )

You can't just use the Focus battery. The Yamaha battery must be connected at all times, it communicates with the controller. If there is no communication the bike switches off. You can add the
Focus battery in parallel as long as the voltage is close when you connect them. I run an extender battery like this on my Haibike.

Thanks Chris_n. When you say parallel do you mean ONLY red positive cable and black negative cable is used from focus 36v 17ah battery. (And no other cables).And is connected to the red positive and black negative 36v 11ah yamaha hiabike battery . .reds too reds .then black too black .. Thanks Chris

noratrace said:
Thanks Chris_n. When you say parallel do you mean ONLY red positive cable and black negative cable is used from focus 36v 17ah battery. (And no other cables).And is connected to the red positive and black negative 36v 11ah yamaha hiabike battery . .reds too reds .then black too black .. Thanks Chris
Yes just connect the positive to positive and negative to negative having made sure the voltage is the same. Seperate them for charging otherwise you are bypassing the BMS. Be aware that the Yamaha battery doesn't show full voltage until it is on the bike and switched on.
On mine I have made the connection to the underside of the battery terminals on the bike and have an external XT60 connector to make the connection. Always fit and turn on the Yamaha battery and then check voltage before connecting the extender. If you do connect the extender first you will get sparks as the capacitors charge instantly.

Thanks for the reply. I understand the cables now but if there's eny soldering involved on bike terminals inside then can't do it cus of my warranty/garrentee

Thought I'd check battery levels as battery not been used for sometime. Thats all it reads is 0.8v on positive negetive cables coming out ov the battery. panic I thought.is that normal. I opened the battery up too look and test but that reads 41v inside on positive and negative cables .If this is normal. When I eventually use this battery as and extender battery. Do I wire from inside the battery 41v cables.
Inside or red black cable coming out the battery which only reads 8v

chris_n said:
noratrace said:
Yes just connect the positive to positive and negative to negative having made sure the voltage is the same. Seperate them for charging otherwise you are bypassing the BMS. Be aware that the Yamaha battery doesn't show full voltage until it is on the bike and switched on.
On mine I have made the connection to the underside of the battery terminals on the bike and have an external XT60 connector to make the connection. Always fit and turn on the Yamaha battery and then check voltage before connecting the extender. If you do connect the extender first you will get sparks as the capacitors charge instantly.
Not sure if you see my next question as this is oldish post hello but it's above this

Back