funnest things to do in austin - Your Biker Gang - Austin Tours, Private

LockH

1 PW
Ummm.. Started out in Victoria BC Canada, then sta
(Wiki:)
Austin is the capital of the U.S. state of Texas and the seat of Travis County, with portions extending into Hays and Williamson counties. It is the 11th-most populous city in the United States and the 4th-most populous city in Texas. It is also the fastest growing large city in the United States, the second most populous state capital after Phoenix, Arizona, and the southernmost state capital in the continental 48 United States. As of the U.S. Census Bureau's July 1, 2017 estimate, Austin had a population of 950,715, up from 790,491 at the 2010 census. The city is the cultural and economic center of the Austin–Round Rock metropolitan statistical area, which had an estimated population of 2,056,405 as of July 1, 2016. Located in Central Texas within the greater Texas Hill Country, it is home to numerous lakes, rivers, and waterways,

ybg_full_white@0.5x.png

funnest things to do in austin - Your Biker Gang - Austin Tours, Private :
https://yourbikergang.com/

Most memorable experience in Austin!

Join our professional guide and see Austin like you have never seen it before. Amazing experience for family, friends, couples or coworkers. If you are looking for one of the funnest things to do in Austin. Hit the brakes right here! You've found it. An Austin Texas exclusive.

[youtube]gxmbYHK8RSs[/youtube]

:mrgreen:

I love it, Austin weird and Austin lame all rolled up into an entrepreneurial enchilada. I'll have to keep an eye out for that, uh, "gang".

It's funny to me that millennials can't seem to swing the real version of anything. Simulacrum as IRL.

My bike club in Seattle may have been a kind of self-parody, but we still had to clear it with the Bandidos before we went around in colors. I wonder what the 'Didos think of these folks.

^^ Hehe... Pretty sure renting electrics is the quickest way to get folks Ebike Addicted. :mrgreen:

20mph is 32kph so most of our custom ebikes on ES would whip their bums.
EVen my 36V half used was keeping up with 30kph school zone cars.

The thing that I dont like about that "gang" is they should have used regular bicycles that are electric, fat bikes even. Then they can ride on pathways, ride in parks, down by the river,

^^ Oh Oh... "REGULAR bikes"... care to define watt "regular" means? :lol:

Trip Advisor - https://www.tripadvisor.ca/Attraction_Review-g30196-d12422005-Reviews-Your_Biker_Gang-Austin_Texas.html

Looking at them pictures, lane splitting is legal in Texas.
A good point for them little gang of scooters, who'd want to steal one?
Hard to pick up and walk away, roll away or load onto a truck. Its got its merits on that part.

BUT....
....Whatever the law states for crude TEXASoil
750W from Chalo's link

Chalo's up on the laws down there, so no ebay sticker purchases :wink:

Buy a bunch of semi BSO's from DirectBike.com upgrade whatever you have to and find a 35H 750W motor and them KT display controller/throttle combo's, hookup and go to town! Ghost tours, History Tours

LockH said:
^^ Oh Oh... "REGULAR bikes"... care to define watt "regular" means? :lol:

The kind you'd be willing to pedal-- and be seen on-- without motor assist?

^^ Hehe... "Regular" bikes through history (some appear to have an extra wheel added...)
picture-of-different-velocipedes-small.jpg

(Watt... no recumbents?) :lol:

"without motor assist"... Watt? I thought a regular bike HAS bettery-electric assist? Sorry for the confusion!

You know what they say, whats old is new again so there may be a resurgence of antique looking ebikes or even high top's.
Would be a great idea for a ebike tour company anywhere.

Justin from Grintech www.ebikes.ca on an electric high top
[youtube]GJgHl_CaWE4[/youtube]

60's era looking rides
[youtube]RCPy0d2KRSc[/youtube]

Term "assist" unknown to me.
No chain rider here, fake pedaling only to loosen up leg cramps.
When I run outta juice and I did not bring my charger along, or I have my charger and cant find an outlet will be the day of chain install.

First electric bicycle ever
SpinningMagnets wrote an article
https://www.electricbike.com/e-bike-patents-from-the-1800s/
n 1881, Gustave Trouvé (from France) wanted to conduct experiments with electric drive. He used a British tricycle called a Starley Coventry Lever Tricycle.

This lever-drive tricycle was produced in 1877-78, but by 1881 the Coventry factory had upgraded the new models to a modern rotary pedal drive. This would have likely made the older lever-drives less expensive on the used bicycle market.

The only known drawing of this historic event was published in the French science magazine “Physique et chimie populaires” Volume 2, by Alexis Clerc, 1881-1883.

The similar “Ayrton & Perry” that is also from 1881 deserves honorable mention, but it does not have pedals.

Another author
https://www.electric-bicycle-guide.com/electric-bicycle-history.html
One of the first patent for electric bicycle was issued at the end of 1895 by Ogden Bolton Jr.

Mr Bolton wrote that his invention includes: "6-pole brush-and-commutator direct current (DC) hub motor mounted in the rear wheel.

This is amazing that the hub motor was invented 120 years ago.

Two years later, Hosea W. Libbey invented an electric bicycle with two motors, two batteries and two wheels. This guy had a great idea. On a plain road, only one battery would work and when climbing the second battery will also come into action. This is probably the first form of electric bicycle controller.

markz said:
Looking at them pictures, lane splitting is legal in Texas.
Those pics show a number of violations in Sec. 551.103 of the code. Don't see evidence of lane splitting, though, nor would a still picture be able to show that.

Bicycles in Texas are generally required to operate as close to the curb as possible, meaning "taking the lane at any time" is not the law and any discussion of "lane splitting" with bicycles is moot. "Lane splitting" is generally incompatible with keeping out of the lane.

craigsj said:
Bicycles in Texas are generally required to operate as close to the curb as possible, meaning "taking the lane at any time" is not the law and any discussion of "lane splitting" with bicycles is moot. "Lane splitting" is generally incompatible with keeping out of the lane.

On my bike, I've been hassled and ticketed by the swine for all sorts of things, many of which were not even violations. (E.g. "no valid Texas ID".) But in more than 30 years of taking the lane whenever necessary or appropriate, I've never heard a peep from the law about that. Only from lawbreaking, car driving chuds.

Bicyclists have the right to the road without qualification. Motorists only have access to the road conditionally upon meeting a number of administrative requirements. I really hope to live until chuds are no longer permitted to drive their own cars. It won't be too long now.

Chalo said:
Bicyclists have the right to the road without qualification.
Yes, but that doesn't mean that their use of the road is without qualification.

Chalo said:
On my bike, I've been hassled and ticketed by the swine for all sorts of things, many of which were not even violations. (E.g. "no valid Texas ID".) But in more than 30 years of taking the lane whenever necessary or appropriate, I've never heard a peep from the law about that.
Agreed, and it's possible local police don't know the code anyway:

Sec. 551.103. OPERATION ON ROADWAY. (a) Except as provided by Subsection (b), a person operating a bicycle on a roadway who is moving slower than the other traffic on the roadway shall ride as near as practicable to the right curb or edge of the roadway, unless:
(1) the person is passing another vehicle moving in the same direction;
(2) the person is preparing to turn left at an intersection or onto a private road or driveway;
(3) a condition on or of the roadway, including a fixed or moving object, parked or moving vehicle, pedestrian, animal, or surface hazard prevents the person from safely riding next to the right curb or edge of the roadway; or
(4) the person is operating a bicycle in an outside lane that is:
(A) less than 14 feet in width and does not have a designated bicycle lane adjacent to that lane; or
(B) too narrow for a bicycle and a motor vehicle to safely travel side by side.
(b) A person operating a bicycle on a one-way roadway with two or more marked traffic lanes may ride as near as practicable to the left curb or edge of the roadway.
(c) Persons operating bicycles on a roadway may ride two abreast. Persons riding two abreast on a laned roadway shall ride in a single lane. Persons riding two abreast may not impede the normal and reasonable flow of traffic on the roadway. Persons may not ride more than two abreast unless they are riding on a part of a roadway set aside for the exclusive operation of bicycles.
(d) Repealed by Acts 2001, 77th Leg., ch. 1085, Sec. 13, eff. Sept. 1, 2001.

In Texas, a bicycle only has a right to take a lane under certain circumstances: when preparing to turn, when passing, and when safety requires it. Otherwise, they are required to stay to the side. If you are properly sharing the road on a bicycle in Texas, "lane splitting" doesn't enter the conversation since you aren't in the lanes to begin with.

What I saw was two vehicles in 2 side by side lanes, and then the electric motorbike scooters on the line stopped at the light, stacked in pairs. I may have used the term lane splitting wrongly, perhaps "lane splitting" is more of in motion activity of driving a motorcycle between two lanes, on the lane divider line, to pass two vehicles that are side by side.

OK Search time

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lane_splitting
Lane splitting is riding a bicycle or motorcycle between lanes or rows of slow moving or stopped traffic moving in the same direction.[1][2] It is sometimes called lane sharing, whitelining, filtering, or stripe-riding.[3][4] This allows riders to save time, bypassing traffic congestion, and is also safer than stopping behind stationary vehicles.[2][3][5][6]

Filtering or filtering forward describes moving through traffic that is stopped.[7][8] Lane splitting means riding between two lanes of vehicles, while filtering can also refer to using space on the outside edge of same-direction traffic.[9]

11111111111111.jpg

markz said:
What I saw was two vehicles in 2 side by side lanes, and then the electric motorbike scooters on the line stopped at the light, stacked in pairs. I may have used the term lane splitting wrongly, perhaps "lane splitting" is more of in motion activity of driving a motorcycle between two lanes, on the lane divider line, to pass two vehicles that are side by side.
I know the pic which you are referring to. It caught my eye as well. Interestingly, the building in the upper left of that pic I currently live in. The address of the pic is 448 Barton Springs Road in Austin if you want to google it.
https://www.google.com/maps/@30.258...w=203&h=100&yaw=46.86155&pitch=0&thumbfov=100

The bikes are lined up single file in a bike lane waiting for a light there.

Back