37668080_1361946903938787_8075823347356663808_o.jpg

electric-bicycle-high-power-768x513.jpg

torp-in-the-city-768x512.jpg

• 11 kW peak power
• 29 kg with the low center of gravity
• 80 km hard off-road driving range
• 1,6 kWh removable battery
• fully configurable regenerative braking

https://evnerds.com/electric-vehicles/e-motorcycle-news/11-kw-electric-motorbike-prototype-from-torp/

production version coming soon, stay tuned for details .. 8)

http://www.torp.hr
https://facebook.com/TORPMotors/

I like it! I want to make something similar but dont have time to put my own thoughts into actions. Hopefully unlike LMX i will be able to obtain one here in the US...and hopefully it wont cost $10k

Looks very cost effective and lightweight. Im a big fan of the k.i.s.s builds!

Today the bike was released officially!

Looks really nice, but Battery could have more capacity :?

No pricing yet. 110km range... come on :lol:

Wow nice lightweight bike, does anybody know what it will cost?
It looks a real fun machine, 29kg 15kw and 300nm torque on the rear wheel :D

63.5 lbs.

I have to question whether this bike can actually deliver 1.8kWh while outputting 15kW at full throttle while meeting the weight and having a sturdy frame. At best, 1.8kWh has to be the nominal capacity, but even that leaves a lot of questions:

Even the best cells are just under 10lbs / kWh without packaging. How can you safely package a 1.8kWh battery (20+ lbs) with a motor deserving to have 15kw in the name, even intermittently, plus a frame, suspension, controller, wheels etc that can all withstand bumps and jumps and other stresses reliably?

The swingarm looks like it belongs at walmart. If that's how this thing is built, there is just no way. The specs have to be very, very optimistic.

optimistic range is nothing new in the ev realm.. when I came here a few yrs back there was nothing in this genre, now it's a handful plus and growing.. (so try not to kick a gift horse too hard unless you plan to join the market..) looking forward to more testing and reviews soon ..

I think this is a big gamble of 7000 euros, that you pay for you have seen even one test of it. You have to believe their word that all these figures they give are correct. For example, I have never been able to drive 2.5 hours fast offroad with a 1.8 kwh battery and with a 15kw motor. You may still use the highest efficient motor and controller, but I still can't believe this.
They are going to have to prove these figures before I consider a purchase.

Within a month or two after the first bikes are shipped to customers I think we will start to see real world reviews, ride videos and possible side-by-side testing with other similar bikes, like sur ron, cake, otto bike mxr, revX and possible even neematic. Also some EV sites might be able to get invite to a test ride even before that.

When it comes to the overall weight, materiel choices are key factor. Aluminum, or magnesium alloy are so much lighter then steel and using the right dimensions for what they target could really yield a lot of weight savings. I saw Torp's prototype a few years back but have not paid much attention to them after the initial flow of news from the company. This is the first I read of their consumer ready product and all I can say is the made a lot of changes. Now they use a more cake-like frame. How this will impact the weight I have no idea, I don't even know what material they chose for the finished product.

I look forward to see the first real world 3rd party tests.

These are beautiful times we live in, well except from that corona hell.
More and more fun bikes are being developed, and already we have a decent selection of crossover bikes between mx/e-bikes/trail to choose from. And more are coming. Where are we in say 5 years? Do we by then have say a battery break trough, maybe we by then have doubled the range and a battery pack only take up half the size of current packs. The future looks bright for ev-freaks like us.

subbed... saw this one on FB - 29kg at that battery and power level sounds a bit hard to believe, but hey, could happen. Personally more interested in the boxxbike as its a 'bike' too, but this doesn't look bad either. Personally I prefer the 'naked' version somewhat - is that an earlier model/version?

63 lbs is possible.

An Exess HP-E180 w/Bafang Ultra, carbon fiber frame, bicycle wheels/tires, 10lb. battery weighs about 58 lbs. Considering the Ultra is about 15 lbs and if the Torp motor isn't a lot more, add heavier rims/tires & aluminum frame, it might be possible.

I hope this isn't a year or more away...I'm afraid many of us won't be around by then :cry:

flat tire said:
Joe King1 said:
63 lbs is possible.

Yeah but probably not with a bike that's safe to "free ride" with 15kw.

They'll probably break as often as the <12lb. carbon-fiber road bikes that you hear about all the time :roll:

Btw...this comment was meant sarcastically...12lb. cf road bikes DON'T break..but people just THINK they should.

Well I hate to be the one to say this, but sometimes there are too much nay saying going on here. I remember when I first joined this forum, carbon frames was crazy and insane for ebikes, seemed to be the consensus.Nothing but pure steel would hold up. Well a few years in and it was available for all to purchase and I think one crazy well known forum member run a qs 273 in his rear wheel on that carbon bike. And we have seen aluminum frames too.

I am not taking a stand for the Torp, as I don't know anything more then what they released. But that weight numbers could be doable depending on what alloy they chose for the frame. Safe or not? I doubt any companies today will release a high powered bike without serious testing, jumping, riding, and thrashing the bike before putting it for sale. Also today everyone got access to advanced simulation software that can find weak spots on the design so that it can be dealt with.

If they put this one up for sale, with 15 kw peak power I think frame will take it. Otherwise major f-up on their part and that was all she wrote for the company. I remember the first steal e-bike frame I bought heavy as a pig. There was several footage of people claiming the frame split or didn't hold together. When I looked into it, it was one (1!) frame damaged in shipping that got replaced from manufacturer. By then I had already adapted a better safe then sorry policy and reinforced the frame with additional steel making it even heavier and less joyful to ride. A few years back I got slammed by a crazy lady in her big car on snowy roads, I was damaged and banged up pretty bad, bike was a not rideable. I could have salvaged the frame, and kept riding if I had put in a weekend or two replacing parts and maybe a little jigging or welding but by the time I healed there was a new kid in town, the sur ron. Albeit many people jumped in straight away a lot where also not sure how the bike, the frame, etc would hold up. I was still big and huskey when I got the sur ron, a little over the max rider weight back then but even ridden hard and jumped hard, dropped hard it holds up still. Less weight to carry these days and upgraded fork and rear shock but still, sur ron was all that it claimed to be.

I guess what I am trying to get across is lets not get carried away being all critical yet. Lets see what this bike can do when its released. It could be all marketing and hype or it could be a really great bike. Anyway. The most important thing is getting more players on board the e-bike/e-motorcycle train. That means more competition, more innovation and sooner or later even more competition in the sur ron price range. But we need players in the top tier too, and we are seeing more and more joining in. I love that.

Nice design.

It reminds me of the old Husqvarna prototype
https://www.topspeed.com/motorcycles/motorcycle-news/husqvarna-e-go-concept-electric-motorcycle-ar127835.html

I hope they come up with an extended battery solution. 1.8kWh seems quite small for such a bike...

63.5 lbs.

I have to question whether this bike can actually deliver 1.8kWh while outputting 15kW at full throttle while meeting the weight and having a sturdy frame. At best, 1.8kWh has to be the nominal capacity, but even that leaves a lot of questions:

Even the best cells are just under 10lbs / kWh without packaging. How can you safely package a 1.8kWh battery (20+ lbs) with a motor deserving to have 15kw in the name, even intermittently, plus a frame, suspension, controller, wheels etc that can all withstand bumps and jumps and other stresses reliably?

The swingarm looks like it belongs at walmart. If that's how this thing is built, there is just no way. The specs have to be very, very optimistic.
Came here to say this
Current evolution Torp Bike: Light and powerful electric dirtbike

Back