Pedego Customer Service

I've been a little lax on Endless Sphere lately, life interferes. My Pedego Interceptor is now 4 1/2 years old and has, according to a broken odometer, about 5K miles on it. It's on it's third rear tire, second shifter and now a brand new computer/control panel. On weeks when there isn't time or ambition to ride it does a minimum of 30 miles every Sunday AM with a local bike group and enjoys being the only Ebike in the group and the only bike that doesn't mind a little headwind on the last 15 miles.
The purpose of this post though isn't my riding habits, it's Customer Service from Pedego. When the shifter went bad the bike was well under warranty and a new one was promptly sent. Now though with the odometer on the fritz the bike is well out of any conceivable warranty. I emailed Pedego if there was a reboot or something that would get it working properly and received a prompt response that there wasn't but they would send me a new one! It arrived in Florida from California in a few days, took five minutes to install and works great. NO CHARGE. FREE. No hassle, simply great customer service.
The Pedego is my third Ebike in twenty two years, the first two were homemade and problems with them were resolved by all the great folks here on Endless Sphere. Hopefully it will outlast me.

Obviously not for the ES crowd, but I've heard many stories about Pedego CS, all good. Did you replace your battery several years ago when they recalled them?

What do you mean?
What new one? Odometer?

mvadventure said:
Now though with the odometer on the fritz the bike is well out of any conceivable warranty. I emailed Pedego if there was a reboot or something that would get it working properly and received a prompt response that there wasn't but they would send me a new one! It arrived in Florida from California in a few days, took five minutes to install and works great. NO CHARGE. FREE. No hassle, simply great customer service.

My battery wasn’t part of the recall, the odometer is part of the electronic control mounted on the handlebars, it the on off, headlight switch, pedal assist mode and throttle, it has total and trip mileage

I was under the impression they recalled all previous batteries, but maybe it was only certain years.

Back